What Are The Minimum Processors Needed To Run 98 & 98SE

Atmosphere XG

I would always disable systray for the mere fact that you can access what it provides easily through the command line anyway. Only reason I run it right now is due to not knowing the command to access the 'stop hardware device' applett from the command line. Otherwise I would flat out keep it disabled.

Never experienced any problems with it disabled. It would free up about 2-3% resources however being disabled.

I am curious however, I_D.. what problems were you experiencing with it off?

Here it is:

C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll

HTH :)

Greatly appreciated RainyShadow. You are a savior ^^

I can finally ditch systray for good and knock off a few % of consumed resources :thumbup:

Edited by Chozo4

Minimum processor?

386DX-25MHz.

nope. Minimum CPU requirements for Win98fe/Win98se are Intel 486 processor 66Mhz or better with 16 megabytes of memory. making Win98 run on a 386 processor and you will regret it - BIGTIME! the CPU requirements of Win98 were printed on the Win98 product boxes.

Minimum processor?

386DX-25MHz.

nope. Minimum CPU requirements for Win98fe/Win98se are Intel 486 processor 66Mhz or better with 16 megabytes of memory. making Win98 run on a 386 processor and you will regret it - BIGTIME! the CPU requirements of Win98 were printed on the Win98 product boxes.

That's what M$ says, but I've successfully run a minimal Win98se installation (nano98) on a 386DX at 25MHz with 8Mb of RAM. It was actually much less sluggish than I expected.