What is the best FTP server for Business use?

shraouf

ServeU FTP is another choice. It's what I've known my previous employers to work with over the past couple of years.

Filezilla server is good, but I don't think that it stands up to a corporate network (i.e. very heavy traffic). There is a reason why you pay for some things, and it's generally because bigger companies are willing to shell out the dough.

Here are 2 free servers, they will authenticate against AD which makes them very convenient in a business environment.

freeSSHd-allows remote access to command prompt.

freeFTPd-This one allows you to set per user home directories and speed limits, virtual directories are also supported. It also supports plain ftp sftp and ftps.

And yes there both free u dont even have to fill in any forms etc u just download and it runs.

They also provide there paid products at http://www.weonlydo.com/. I have never really had a problem with the free versions but i guess if u need support or something really heavy duty.

i like Gene6 FTP Server

its supports Vhost FTP sites

like if you want to use the same FTP server box as a local FTP server you can have it setup that way

where you can have a outside world as the def domain and than a local

domain

username : asd :: outside

username : admin@LAN :: local network user

type of deal