[REQUEST] Vista Trasformation Pack 4

SonWolve

This is a great pack for those wanting their XP desktop to look more like Vista without using up much resources in the process...

Window X's Vista Transformation Pack 4

If anyone would be so kind and great a silent installer or Nlite addon it would be GREATLY appreciated...

If you could figure out how to set it up with certain options like not adding the system information, bootscreen etc portion as they are options when you install is by hand.

Thanks!!

Edited by SonWolve

i get an error on that link

check the link plaase and post a new one if there is one

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.windowsxlive.net/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

* Connection Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is

rename the .exe to vtp4.exe

then run:

vtp4.exe /s

also in the pack u downloaded there is a .sif file open it in notepad and read it......

Edited by boooggy

• 2 weeks later...

That certainly makes me feel stupid, only having a problem now specifying what I want installed, after editing I get the warning "Some required settings in this answer file not found..." I would answer some things like VIDIALOG= instead of VIDIALOG=A, but I guess for some reason I'm missing something here.

Even with the silent mode, Windows File Protection comes up. And it requires a reboot. I'm curious if anyone has actually tested this slipstreamed onto a CD?

The author (WindowsX) said the next version will likely support slip streaming, which suggests the current version does not.

Either way, calling people stupid when someone makes a legitimate request isn't productive. I'm going to attempt sometime in the next 24 hours to make a new CD with this slipstreamed. If it works, I'll release a CAB addon.

Hey, no, don't make a .CAB adon.

To correctly slipstream a transformation pack, you should make an installer that patches the files' ressources (basically, a CMD script that extract the files, then reshack them, then re-cab them should be enough)

The .cab addon thing can only replace the files. What about someone using different OS version / different language / different slipstreamed hotfixes than you ???

edit: changed the word in italic : "icon" was not the exact word to use. my bad, i apologize for that mistake. (this is not ironic)

Edited by Delprat

Hey, no, don't make a .CAB adon.

To correctly slipstream an icon pack, you should make an installer that patches the files' ressources (basically, a CMD script that extract the files, then reshack them, then re-cab them should be enough)

The .cab addon thing can only replace the files. What about someone using different OS version / different language / different slipstreamed hotfixes than you ???

Transformation pack are much more than reshacking icons : boot screens, visual themes, shutdown/loggoff/logon screen, window blinds, docks, ...

But "(basically, a CMD script that extract the files, then reshack them, then re-cab them should be enough)" is correct.

Don't try to slipstream a transformation pack when the provided installer doesn't support such things : I did it, it takes ages to do, you never have every feature and you may even have bugs.

There is a cab addon for it but the link is broken.

i dont think it will work if it will be available...caz we must eject windows cd during setup of this pack! so SVCPACK addon wont work with it! however..u can install it via runonceex ...just download a little utility named "CDR" which ejects the cd automatically via command prompt..and then installs this pack!

Enjoy!!

and about next release of this pack...it will be released on 24th August.( i have asked to WindowsX about next pack and he given me this date..it may be late ..so dont ask me )