virtual pc and windows 98

prx984

is there anyway way to get virtual pc 2004 to install on a windows 98 machine? or is this not possible? if you have any info, please let me know, would be greatly appreciated.

-brian

VMWare Workstation doesn't list any 9x operating systems as being able to run as host. Maybe older versions of it? I sometimes run it, but on XP as host with 98SE as guest.

Interesting though. Which VMWare version will work on 98SE as host? And can we still buy it somewhere?

thanks for the replies. i went and got qemu. now... lol i dont know how to use. im still currently reading through the documentation, but i havent seen anywhere that i can emulate windows within it. is it possible or no? i just want to play with this stuff, because i find virtual pc great for trying different stuff. like modding programs and that. id find this software great to use on this laptop if i could perhaps emulate windows 3.1 in it (always liked that OS) for programming. thanks again for the replies.

-brian

i followed those instructions. and im gettin a weird problem. the virtual machine will not start, i just get a command prompt opening then closing extremely fast. im going to try following the instructions again because maybe i did something wrong this morning. i was in a rush lol. thanks again.

-brian

Try starting it directly from the DOS prompt. If You're using qGui you can copy the command line parameters shown at the mottob of the window and modify them until it starts working.

btw the "embed QEMU inside QGui window" option doesn't work on my PC. Try disabling it and see what happens.

hey thanks a lot for the replies. i got it working, and boy does it ever work good on this laptop, well good for a 366 i suppose lol. anyway, i had a little trouble with it, but a friend in my computer engineering class knew about it and helped me with it, now it works. thanks a lot to all of you guys too :hello:

-brian