I have an idea for xpize 64bit support

Francesco

there is also an Opensource app that has some classes (or api ) ... for kylix / delpi ...

i checked the aplication and it looks good, but it lacks command line support (or at least documentation for its command structure...

Hi!

It'd be really nice that CFF Explorer had batch support.

The program ResHacker has become abandonware and doesn't support 64 bit files nor Vista icons.

A 64 bit version of resource editor with batch support would be most useful for the development of a 64 bit version of XPize (www.xpize.net).

Please do consider this....

I did my share.... :hello:

there is also an Opensource app that has some classes (or api ) ... for kylix / delpi ...

What's the name of the app? Are you talking about RFE?

Edited by volvox

no i was talking about XN resource editor

mentioned earlier in this thread, - he Opensourced his code and some api or classes - or how you may call it,

anyway i send the guy an email at his public address, kindly askin for a command line version of his tool, also linking to xpize's webpage, i just hope he'll reply...

• 2 weeks later...

From NTCore's Blog: :thumbup

Well, I will definitely add the batch support in the CFF Explorer in the next update (meaning very soon). Adding / Replacing / Removing resources will be supported. The Resource Explorer will have the same batch support in the future, so you can use one of the two, the CFF or the Res Exp, but the last one won't be available before the Explorer Suite III. If you have any important considerations to make about the way the batch support should be implemented, please write.

So, XPero, Zedox, etc. this is great news! :sneaky:

Please help the developer on the best way the batch support should be implemented! :hello:

• 2 weeks later...

quote from ntcore's blogg:

I'm working on it =).

As soon as I have the scheme, I'll post it here.

[posted on: Today at: 7:06 AM / ]

once the patcher is ready its up to the xpize packagers to start working on the *batch * scripts to replace the resources in xp64 ...

however, if xpero desides to include this patcher as the new default one for XPize (?NG?) wich i hope,

it might take some extra time, but it WILL certainly be worth the wait....

Regular expressions are great to convert such scripts.
This will probably be atempted, but no garantee s though, as the new scripting method will be 'slightly' diferent from the old.
If the new patcher performs at least as good as Reshacker does, it will be definitely used in Vize and XPize. Of course a lot of work has to be done writing scripts
Lets just wait and see, the used component for the scripting engine is realy fast, and also quite exensive, but i have no idea how the PE-explorer will perform as there is simple no real way to test befor its ready,

on the other hand, 1 patcher for all; XP, XP64, Vista, and Vista64, will benefit verry mutch in terms of maintainance in your code, so even IF it wasn't faster than reshacker, the deployebillity will probably benefit enought anyways...

specially after the next full version of his suit, with would have a small stand-alone patcher that is way smaller than the full suite... so that will help a verry lot...

• 2 weeks later...

Update, - hes working on it, -

even though i have yet to recieve any kind of test version, im verry confident that the new features will be availible for testing soon,

as was to be expected: the patcher will support mutch more than just adding or changing bitmaps, - this would enable you to remove uitdated crap .... unused (bloated) resources and / or probably apply patches (like the raid hack, or thee tcpip patch),

also the patcher is going to be getting 2 seperate ways of control.

a command line like : patcher.exe /update whatever.bmp blaat something.

and a resource script: like something sumular to.....

openfile[filename.dll]
addresource = res1.bmp
addresource = res2.bmp
savefile[filename.dll]

also with a lua-scripting-interface inside the patcher itself, we may even be able to import settings from a config file or menu interface (suspecting), as im not yet sure about the used IDE the advantage of this would be that

[*] anyone can create addons

[*] updates could be applied per file (or fileset),