HOW TO REMOVE THE...

Hi :hello: (im from Chile),

i want to know if its posible to remove the "press any key to boot from CD" message who appears when the XP bootable CD is on the CD drive.

is it possible to do? :unsure:

I want to make an automatic bootable CD without this mesage, do i need to delete some file from the i386 folder??

sorry x my english. :blushing:

Bye, thanks.

Just remove BOOTFIX.BIN.

But use alternative boot menu otherwise after GUI part the system reboot and it will reboot on CD ...

Sorry if i did not understand you but this is not my language...your trying to say-> "at the second reboot of the system it will boot fron CD again"?

:o

This prompt is there for a purpose. Heheh...

BTW: Is it possible to hexedt (or something) this message to show DVD instead of CD? Just a cosmetic question!

Edited by Anderz

BTW: Is it possible to hexedt (or something) this message to show DVD instead of CD? Just a cosmetic question!

I dunno... I think you have to hack a bios driver file with a hex editor and change it and install the bios from that file, it's too much bother for DVD or CD/DVD instead of cd

well, u can remove the message, but have the hdd set to boot first then the cd drive second, so when your drives are empty it will bott from the CD, but then after it has written the bootloader to the hard drive it will boot into the hard drive, not the cd :)