• Norton Corp
    • McAfee Pro/Home 7
    • AVG 6
    • AVG 7
    • PC Cillin 2002
    • PC Cillin 2003 (I guess)
    • Others? (give suggestion)

McAfee has a lot of problems

Norton is very good, but also very heavy ...

I'm using AVG6 and am very pleased about it. It is very light, works just fine, and with a little help of my .pl script, I have the updates just after they've been placed online :rolleyes::)

I also found that Corporate has better remote features and you can update clients from servers.

With the recent worm outbreak my friends have been asking what to use. So i've been trying as many as i can find. Avast! seems to be one of the best free ones, you have pretty good control, nice GUI, and an Autoupdate engine which is awesome. It seemed to hosed one of my friends machines though. AVG is alright. McAfee is nothing but problems, whats wrong with them man? From setup to finish it gave errors and takes forever on a couple of different machines. Norton takes a while but goes on without a hitch and seems to find a lot of viruses. I'd say its a tossup between Avast! and Norton, they are always updated, which is what counts!

I'm running Corporate 8.0 on our network, it has very good features, though it's not too good on the server : it tends to 'forget' scanning the incoming mails (our box is also SMTP server). If you have a critical need for scanning incoming e-mails on a corporate network, then Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition is not the good choice. Else it is OK. If you configure it well, it will autodristribute virus def updates to clients, and you can set up systemwide behaviors.

Why in this poll Norton is divided onto three different versions, while McAfee is not? That's strange.

Symantec updates are the same for all versions, isn't it? Why should i choose from three absolutely identical products?

Where is KAV, DrWeb?

Guys (syadmins), where is Trend Micro Enterprise? :) The world best, according to PCWeek. :rolleyes:)

Who do you name "your russian friend"?? :) Me?

I'm not saying that Symantec AV CE is lacking something. Quite the contrary, it has everything you need for corporate (easy deployment, unattended install, almost everyday updates, etc).

Concerning mail you should use Symantec AV for Gateways, that's all.

Heh sorry for posting late ... our router at work had its memory erased by a violent power shortage. I like features of SavCE because it saves me a lot of time. I am dealing with our software supplier to get a mail scanner like you say, SAV for Gateways. Since we have SAVCE it's much easier to handle viruses and deployment of updates, and all this stuff that i don't want to spend hours at office ;-)

Well, besides that, i kind of like Russia :)