Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

• 5 months later...

with MS Virtual PC you can try this approach

- MMTool 2.22.1(google is your friend)

- hex-editor / ultraedit

- resource hacker

• Open Resource hacker and extract BIOS resource, the 256kb file extracted is the bios to be edited, rename it to bios.rom
  • next, open mmtool "powertool" and open that bios.rom, select dmi and extract it to dmi.rom
  • Open it with UltraEdit and replace the original contents, like: "Mircrosoft Corporation" , "Virtual Machine" etc etc, with the ones of your choice, save
  • In mmtool use the replace function to replace the DMI with the just saved dmi.rom - save
  • In resource Hacker replace BIOS, 13500 resource with the bios file saved in the step above ("BIOS, 13500, 1033")
  • save and test ;)

• 2 months later...

My OEM Bios Files A Bein Renamed To .Bin, .CAT, .DAT, .SIG

Im Guessing It B/c My PC's Info Hasn't Been Added To The Script?

Here's My PC's Info

Manufacturer: Acer, inc.
Model: TravelMate 2480
41636572 2C20696E 632E

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Dell OEM XP SP1a Royalty CD. It works fine.

Am interested in creating a Dell OEM XP Vanilla Royalty CD from MSDN XP Vanilla. Is this possible?

I have tried putting my OEM BIOS files into a MSDN XP SP1a and it doesn't work. It only works when placing OEM BIOS files into an old official Dell OEM XP SP1a CD. I have both SP1a & SP2 Dell CDs. However what am looking for is Dell XP Vanilla OEM CD. I haven't purchased Dell PCs too old when Dell shipped out vanilla XP CDs but am sure they did because it took about 2 years before MS released SP1a.

Does anyone have an old Dell OEM XP Vanilla CD?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pardon Me for asking but im confused

What is the is the purpose of the numbers outputed from the vb script???

Does the output of the vbs script have to do with PID number and extra data located in the setup.ini. Mine outputs

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

Model: OptiPlex GX150

44656C6C 20436F6D 70757465 7220436F 72706F72 6174696F 6E

That would make sense to me but figured id ask..

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Pardon Me for asking but im confused

What is the is the purpose of the numbers outputed from the vb script???

Does the output of the vbs script have to do with PID number and extra data located in the setup.ini. Mine outputs

That would make sense to me but figured id ask..

Thanks

Manufacturer (hex):

Hex to String Converter: http://chxo.com/scripts/hex2string.php

strComputer = "."
Dim Act, ComputerReport, Fso, Dtop, Report, Ts
Set Act = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Set Fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Dtop = Act.SpecialFolders("Desktop")
Set Ts = Fso.CreateTextFile(Dtop & "\ComputerReport.txt")
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colComputer = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")
For Each objComputer In colComputer
MfgHex=""
For i=1 To Len(objComputer.Manufacturer)
MfgHex=MfgHex & Hex(Asc(Mid(objComputer.Manufacturer,i,1)))
If i Mod 4 = 0 then MfgHex=MfgHex & " "
Next
ComputerReport = (vbCrLf & space(3) & "Manufacturer: " & objComputer.Manufacturer & vbCrLf &_
space(3) & "Model: " & objComputer.Model & vbCrLF & vbCrLf & space(3) & "Manufacturer (hex): " & vbCrLf & space(3)& MfgHex)
Next
Ts.WriteLine ComputerReport : Ts.Close
Act.Run(Chr(34)& Dtop & "\ComputerReport.txt" & Chr(34)),1,True

Edited by 38956

• 2 years later...

I have two old Micron systems to do OEM installs on. One is an MPC ClientPro 365 and the other is a micronpc TransPort 1000, both with crufted up OEM installs of XP Pro, secondhand from a salvage yard and they couldn't find the discs that came with them.

Hollander's auto parts interchange database requires a password to *uninstall* it, and they don't give out the password to anyone, not even paying clients. They expect people to wipe their systems and reinstall Windows to get rid of their software.

Using the DOS utility to find which OEM files to use, the ClientPro comes up as Genuine C&C 8B2EBECB and the T1000 is Samsung 904CF15A. I've copied the four OEMBIOS files from each but they're different sizes than the ones available to download for those two CRCs.

The T1000 is really a thinly disguised Samsung P series laptop, who knows where MPC sourced the mainboard for the ClientPro.

Will this work for oemscan.ini in the $OEM$ folder? Should I use the oembios files I copied from these computers or should I stick with the downloaded ones? I also got the CD keys from both with the magical jelly bean. They do match the ones I've come across for Samsung and "Genuine".

;

; Samsung OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = 904CF15A

; SLP = SAMSUNGPC

;

[sAMSUNGPC]

PATH=".\SAMSUNGPC\"

CMD=".\SAMSUNG\OEMCOPY.CMD"

CMD="SetKey ----"

;

; Genuine C&C OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = 8B2EBECB

; SLP = GENUINE

;

[GENUINE]

PATH=".\GENUINE\"

CMD=".\GENUINE\OEMCOPY.CMD"

CMD="SetKey ----"

If someone who is collecting OEMBIOS files wants these sets, I'll be happy to pass them along.

Edited by bizzybody

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a look at the IBM thinkpad disks (which are basically recovery disks, but the process can be done from PE).

The base copy of Windows is an unmodified source tape. The modifications come between the text-mode install and the gui. You install windows in some sort of other mode from PE., using the switches in winnt32 to point to the correct boot drive.

Once the source is in place, you copy over files as needed (usually oembois.*), and then on the reboot, the install happens normally. Usually the OEM toys are added after the setup, which is why you don't find things like OEM bitmaps in Windows or DOS setups.

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, cbep40k said:

I have a collection of sets of OEMBIOS.
I miss a few sets.
Does someone have the following sets?

Nope. You were just on MDL asking for these. I may have them, but we're not in the habit of sharing (this isn't a "sharing" website). If I do have them and attached them, I would be banned. Your only option is Google. Sorry about your luck.

Maybe you'd like to read this before posting again?

http://www.msfn.org/board/guidelines/