[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

here is the way i have made a lite installation of nero 7082 nice and easy

it's something like tempuser's way from the nero 7054 topic but a little differend

doubleclick the Nero-7.0.8.2_eng_no_yt.exe and wait for the screen that you should click next

click cancel and copy the folder from %temp% then edit THIS msi before u do the admin install

with installshield or a shimilar prog

remove anything you dont want to be installed from inside the msi add your serial etc

save it and then make the admin install from the modified msi

this will give you a folder that has only the things you left in the msi to be installed

7zip it and add in the config.txt only /qb /norestart switches and nothing more and you're done

how is it different? :P

it's something like tempuser's way from the nero 7054 topic but a little differend

doubleclick the Nero-7.0.8.2_eng_no_yt.exe and wait for the screen that you should click next

click cancel and copy the folder from %temp% then edit THIS msi before u do the admin install

remove anything you dont want to be installed from inside the msi add your serial etc

this will give you a folder that has only the things you left in the msi to be installed

7zip it and add in the config.txt only /qb /norestart switches and nothing more and you're done

how is it different? :P

you are copying the folder from temp

then you do an admin install

and then you delete files from the folder that the admin install gave you

and then you edit the msi from there and searching for the files that you have deleted and remove them from msi

i am not deleting any files from the folders admin install does this for me

because what i did is edit the msi from the temp folder

and i remove the componets i dont want from installshield

and then i do the admin install and admin install give me a folder

that has only the components that i have left in the edited msi to install

do you see the difference now?

UPDATE: 24 march 2006

- Updated Nero CDSpeed to 4.50 and Nero InfoTool to 4.03

- Fixed unattended install for usage on T12

- Fixed Language selection problem from within Nero Burning Rom

- Added option to create Quick Launch icon for Nero Express

- Branded Installer with Copyright and URL to my homesite (notice I have to update it :rolleyes:)

New languages available:

German and Norwegian :)

Big Thanks for Setup Translators:

rh-phoenix - German translation

Gyppie - Norwegian translation

Tried ya method here no good.

Redone 7082 with Tempers method all good to go as I like it 30 meg with Winrar, I'll probably get it down with 7 zip.

Cheers

MC.

MavericksChoice, Invisible GR and others, please keep on topic for the Nero Lite installer. You can discuss MSI-based installer in other topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59483

UPDATE:

New downloadmirror added: http://nerolite.lieblingsbesuch.de/ :thumbup

@hp38guser

All due respect dude, but your lite installer is great for some however not for all that want more features of Nero 7 without the bloat. :)

Good luck

Cheers

MC.

Hi,

Im trying to make the french package. I've extracted all the files from inno isntaller with "innounp017". I've replaced all files i could with files i found in nero french installer. By the way, when i try to compile the new project with Inno Setup Compiler, i got this error message :

test4tx.jpg

This is the line :

Name: nero_lang\english; Description: {cm:Comp_Nero_lang_english}; Types: full; Languages: not english; MinVersion: 0.0,5.01.2600

I've tried to replace english by french, but still the same error message :(

Regards,

Kal

Edited by kal

Hi,

Im trying to make the french package. I've extracted all the files from inno isntaller with "innounp017". I've replaced all files i could with files i found in nero french installer. By the way, when i try to compile the new project with Inno Setup Compiler, i got this error message :

test4tx.jpg

This is the line :

Name: nero_lang\english; Description: {cm:Comp_Nero_lang_english}; Types: full; Languages: not english; MinVersion: 0.0,5.01.2600

I've tried to replace english by french, but still the same error message :(

Regards,

Kal

Kal, you can contact me directly through PM. Just give me some time to answer. If you can give me a translation I can maintain the installer, not just for Nero 7.0.8.2 but also future updates.

No need to decompile current installer which can cause errors, since it isn't just a plain Inno Setup Script ;)

I'm experiencing some trouble with Nero Lite. Indeed, it doesn't detect my DVD Burner ASUS 1608P but Nero InfoTool does!

Here is some screenshot :

neroasus10pf.th.jpg

neroasus27za.th.jpg

By the way, it works great with original installer from Nero. I'm getting the problem with both FRA/ENG Nero lite :}

Regards,

Kal

Edited by kal

Ok i've found the problem!

That's simply because the files CDROM.CFG & CDROM.dll aren't include in Nero Lite (especially, in Nero Core folder).

Please hp38guser, could you include them ? :rolleyes:

By the way, why not keeping all the Nero Core files? They should be should really important, no?

Regards,

Kal

Edited by kal