HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Tomcat, are you planning to fix the SVCPACK issue that I mentioned in the KB913433 topic?
Sorry... I didn't see that post.

I did some quick testing on an XP box and it looks like the standard Type 2 switches are accepted so I'm using these in the new version (60510b). It should work now. At worst, you'll get a wizard... :D

(4) pls see attached file for the differences in the hotfixes contained in the cab & with those in the HF dir
Not sure what you want me to do here. HFSLIP doesn't support the RVM Update Pack...
just thought it might be worth a look ...

so we can't use ryanvm's cab for HFSLIP ...

it's fine! :)

7. You can slipstream codecs on 2k/xp/2k3.
would there be an update about this (especially with the new codec packs around)? ;)

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Kiki - I'll take it you haven't tested the waters with codecs yet. The codec instructions work for 2k/xp/2k3. If there are newer [dll, ax, etc] files, it's up to you to obtain them. If there's more codecs you need, then you'll have to add codecs. I work with the set listed in my post (except the real media stuff). I have not had issues playing any types of videos (except real media stuff).

go it sir ...

have actually tried it once but i wasn't so confident w/ the list of codecs i had ...

i simply followed the instructions there & downloaded the .rar files containing the codecs & the .inf ...

thanks again!

@tommyp: I still intend to work on the codecs like we discussed. My excuse is that my free time is very limited.

Right now I am in a hotel in Ohio...had laser eye surgery done yesterday. So you can rest assured that I won't be putting out any codec packs any time soon! Reading/typing isn't easy right now...

TC - please update your links to that macromedia stuff.

all - please stay on topic. if there are codec issues, please post on the codec thread.

No need for you to apologize and I'm sorry to sound like a butthorn. I just want to keep it clean and on track for the test releases.

If you have a modded SFC file but are still getting CAT files in the SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK folder they can only come from these locations:

- original SOURCE

- XPize

- HFEXPERT\WIN

If you have a modded SFC file but are still getting CAT files in the SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK folder they can only come from these locations:

- original SOURCE

- XPize

- HFEXPERT\WIN

Those cats are not in SVCPACK but in the installers inside svcpack.

A screenshot will probably be better:

cat8fu.png

@Camarade_Tux:

HFSLIP is not going to extract a Microsoft installer and compress it again just to delete the CAT files inside it.

@Super-Magician:

Yes, but hold on just a while. You'll see for yourself... :)