HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

!! Unfortunately, the run time indicator has a bug !!
I found it. It looks like DOS freaks out with some (not all) numbers that have a leading zero. It's worked around in 60430c.

Is this VBS or something? :D

Pure AHK : http://www.autohotkey.com

AHK and AutoItv2 are like two peas in a pod (my english teacher would be proud of me for this expression :lol: ). But AHK is opensource-licensed whereas AutoIt is closesource. :rolleyes:

Annoying with variables but powerful with windows (resizing, sending keystrokes, mousemoves...), key remapping (remap a to q needs only : "a::q"), inireading/writing, regreading/writing and string manipulation.

I use ahk2exe to get an executable (btw, ahk2exe's logo is that of AutoIt)

Tomcat: Is there anything in the script that is processed before :GETBOOTBIN but is needed to parse :GETBOOTBIN properly?

You modified the :GETBOOTBIN section of the script after Kramy suggested something to get rid of the error message that pops up. For some reason, I think the message still pops up. I haven't observed this, however, because I have boot.bin in HFTOOLS, and therefore the script skips that section when I run it. Nevertheless, when I copied that section into a separate batch file and ran it, the error message popped up.

I will run HFSLIP without boot.bin and see if I get the message.

Edit: Actually, I think I may have a special case. I have a drive, D:, that is a ZIP drive and normally does not have anything in it. If I run the test script (that has only :GETBOOTBIN) and leave echo on, the error pops up after it processes drive D.

(The following has nothing to do with the above problem)

On a side note, I think you should insert the following line into :GETBOOTBIN so that HFSLIP does not try to run BBIE if no disc is detected.

REM Modified by Kramy -- Thanks!

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\ IF EXIST %%i:\I386 SET HFSLIP=%%i

IF NOT DEFINED HFSLIP GOTO EOF

HFTOOLS\BBIE.EXE %HFSLIP%:&COPY IMAGE1.BIN HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN&DEL/Q/F IMAGE1.BIN

GOTO EOF

Edited by Super-Magician

Time bug fixed! Thanks, Tomcat :thumbup

I did not see the error box saying "There is no disc in the drive," but that's because I didn't have bbie.exe in HFTOOLS so the script didn't process that section. (See my previous post if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

If I run the following script, that error box pops up (note: this is an exact copy of the :GETBOOTBIN section with a few things at the top).

@ECHO OFF
CLS
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

:GETBOOTBIN
REM Modified by Kramy -- Thanks!
FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\ IF EXIST %%i:\I386 SET HFSLIP=%%i
HFTOOLS\BBIE.EXE %HFSLIP%:&COPY IMAGE1.BIN HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN&DEL/Q/F IMAGE1.BIN
GOTO EOF

:EOF

Edited by Super-Magician

I added the GOTO EOF to the GETBOOTBIN section in 60501a. Thanks.

As far as the other problem is concerned... This can't be fixed. It's the same as when you double-click on a CDROM/ZIP/USB drive icon when there's nothing loaded in it.

It sounds logical... HFSLIP needs to check for the existence of an I386 folder before it determines that it's a drive containing the Windows CD. For that, the drive needs to be accessed...

Hey, I was just thinking - I don't see any ( ) brackets in the above function. What happens if multiple drives have an i386 in their root? Will it only attempt to copy from the last one?

Yes, that's true. I don't think there's an easy way to fix that.

Tomcat - minor prob with writing the run time into HFSLIP.LOG. Obviously it won't get written into the ISO as that's created before the time is generated. Just a head's up :).

But - the modification provided by Kramy - wasn't that to get rid of such error message?
It at least gets rid of an error message appearing when a drive letter doesn't exist.
What happens if multiple drives have an i386 in their root? Will it only attempt to copy from the last one?
As far as I know... yes.

@dziubek...

I need the TXTSETUP.SIF and SYSOC.INF from the "bad" install. If everything is fine in those files, the only solution is that you try to find out which addon is causing the issue because the only thing HFSLIP can do is obey what's defined in the addons configuration file (just like nLite). If the problem addon is localized I can maybe try to find a workaround (just like for the one for CDImage).

i made a lot of tests but unfortunately i couldn't find out which addons causes the problem.

Could You write me a meaning of that warning: Rock Ridge

Creating ISO...
Liczba skopiowanych plików: 1.
Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
Warning: creating filesystem with (nonstandard) Joliet extensions
but without (standard) Rock Ridge extensions.
It is highly recommended to add Rock Ridge
Using GENER000.REG for SOURCESS/I386/SVCPACK/General_Settings.reg (General_Cust
omation.reg)
Size of boot image is 4 sectors -> No emulation
1.53% done, estimate finish Tue May 02 05:18:46 2006
3.06% done, estimate finish Tue May 02 05:19:18 2006
4.59% done, estimate finish Tue May 02 05:19:51 2006
6.11% done, estimate finish Tue May 02 05:19:51 2006
7.64% done, estimate finish Tue May 02 05:19:51 2006

dziubek

HFSLIP.zip

I don't know what Rock Ridge is. Someone else should be able to answer that. What worries me more is the renaming of General_Settings.reg. What are the switches in your ISOconf.txt file?

I see nothing wrong in TXTSETUP.SIF and SYSOC.INF, but if you're using switches that change files to 8:3 format you might get in trouble with UserPass2.inf. Also, note that HFSLIP adds file names into SVCPACK.INF representing the files in the HFSVCPACK and HFSVCPACK_SW folders the way they are called in there. If General_Settings.reg is renamed to GENER000.REG it won't be installed/executed.

Can you delete ISOconf.txt and test again?