Having Fun with DVD Writer and Nero

MSNwar

I have a lot of applications that are on two or more CDs that I am burning to one DVD with Nero. It is very easy and so far trouble-free. One of my graphics applications consist of one installation CD and two graphics Cds. In addition, I have 500 MB of additional clipart and photos that I downloaded from the members area for this application. So, thats four CDs. Now they are all on one DVD.

One my everyday problems with so many CDs is that I often have to carry them with me between work and home or aboard aircraft for use on my notebook. In the above situation I now only have to carry one DVD instead of four CDs. Storage space at home was also a problem. Over the years I would have to purchase a new cabinet for my CDs once a year. My cabinet of choice costs about $100.00 each as it matches my home decor. I will not be spending $100.00 on a cabinet this year. :)

nice.

i have one dvd writer, and now ordered another one with the new computer,

as you said, runs really smooth, nero has perfect support for it... :)

didnt try to burn all the applications on it though, a bit scared to have them all on one dvd, and too lazy to burn second one for backup :rolleyes:

how are the dvds btw, are they stable, how long do you have it, cause i have mine for about 6 months, and im not sure how long the burned disks will last...

The longetivity is similar to CDs if I remember correctly. Like a hundred years or something like that. I have had my CD writers since the first generation and they are still running good. The DVD writer is only a few months old and my first one. I have burned about 2 dozen DVDs I guess, some for me and some for work. They all run without trouble on my PCs, notebooks, and other people's PCs etc. I just like the consolidation of so many CDs onto one DVD.

lol i waiting till the price drops a lil more.. :rolleyes:

$699 atm (4x DVD-R write , 2xDVD-R rewrite, 40x speed read)which droped by $300 in 6months so i hoping it will go down further as well :D

yeh dvd writers are extremely expensive here...cant wait till the price drops :)

lol i waiting till the price drops a lil more.. :D

$699 atm (4x DVD-R write , 2xDVD-R rewrite, 40x speed read)which droped by $300 in 6months so i hoping it will go down further as well :D

yeh dvd writers are extremely expensive here...cant wait till the price drops :)

hehe yeh.. aussies get the roar deals.. only if u can get one the falls of the back of a truck :rolleyes:

lol i waiting till the price drops a lil more.. :D

hehe yeh.. aussies get the roar deals.. only if u can get one the falls of the back of a truck :rolleyes:

hehehehe yeah thats bout it, like most things at the computer fairs, im sure thats how they sell stuff so cheap.