Help! Unreadable Hardisc

Can anyone help me??

i got a hardisk which is 80GB capacity,i got loads of important data in that hardisc.

It start when my power supply just burn off and i change a new one,then after i open my pc,the 80GB hardisc since to been gone,i open device manager to install,but there it was in the list of the device manager but i can see it in the "My Computer" window..

Then i open the Computer Management and try find it,and there is the hardisc but it is unreadable..

I keep one remove and plug in the cable of the hardisc and motherboard but there is no use it is still the same....

Can anyone help me please i really got many stuffs in that hardisc and i dun wan to lose it...

Please Help!!

In my experience a tool called Spinrite might be useful. It runs from a diskette using FreeDOS. Spinrite can correct a large number of disk errors and recover data that might otherwise have been lost. If nothing else, it will tell you if your hard disk is correctable or not.

What does disk management show? Does it show it as a valid disk? You may just need to assign a drive letter. I've had this happen with external USB drives when moved from one system to another...it recognizes the drive in every way but doesn't assign a drive letter.

I know this happened after a PSU died...but sometimes it's the simplest thing. :)

The fact that TESTDISK lets you see the files, does not mean that everything is OK.

If TESTDISK did not report any error, assigning a drive letter can be the solution.

If TESTDISK reported errors, you should read the docs and repair those errors with TESTDISK.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz