Partition gonne

Dutchman

Dear,

Recently i got a new 300gb HD, which i divided into partitions like this:

partition 1: 30gb "mother"

partition 2: 30gb "brother"

partition 3: 30gb "sister"

partition 4: 5gb "Programs" (With setups of programs i like to have available instantly)

partition 5: 5gb "Linux" (FAT32 to be converted later on to a linux file system, was still empy)

partition 6: 200gb "Data" (with many images and series that where ready to be burned and stored).

further i have a own 200gb HD that i use for myself, and got its windows on it.

(partitions 1-4 + 6 are NTFS)

the new (300gb) disk is master the other slave.

I wanted to give partitions 1 to 3 each a own fresh install of windows, so when for exp. my brother messes something up my mom and sister dont get affected.

I succesfully installed partitions 1 and 2, with all programs and drivers i wanted. And both worked perfect.

Than this afternoon i wanted to install the final partition (3):

I put in de XP Pro CD (slipstreamed to SP2) in, let my PC reboot, and while it was doing that i want to get something to drink and grap a cookie.

When i came back i saw on the setup disc controler (or hower ya want to call it) that my primimair HD was brought back to "unpartitioned space" i thought that something was wrong with the setup or something and i let my PC reboot, and guess what... no MBR anymore than i put in a Linux life DVD (KNOPPIX, from where i am also typing this) and i confirmed that my entire disc didnt get recognised anymore. :realmad:

I assume that only something is wrong with the partitions not with the data because i was only afk for a minute or 2, so it didnt format.

Now does anyone know how i can restore this without any dataloss? there is a lot of data on there that i dont want to lose.

yours DM

(btw to be clear, i dont have access to windows on this computer right now, and i am a totall noob with linux)