update error message in NOD32 at 1st Login

Wesmosis

after the unattended installtion of NOD I got this messge tellmng that I'm out-of-update

what should I do with this naggy screen which appears everytime I run NOD32 or I restart my **** PC!

ok the solution is simple if I got Internet connection but what if I Not

I'm gonna install it onto PCs which don't have an internet connection to update

nod32errormessage8ph.jpg

than you also dont use a virus scanner... - ;)

there is nothing you can do about this.. -

maybe there is an option to disable NOD-Update - but its not recomanded -

and since you should have bought this product FROM nod AV .inc , (or what-ever thair company name is, and als them if there are redistrubutables, of the antivir database

but realy why would you even concider a virus-scan if people dont have access to the internet...

i mean, with diskettes or usb devices - the content should alread have been scanned by the other computer (at work)..

what-ever thair company name is
EST is the company name
but realy why would you even concider a virus-scan if people dont have access to the internet...
You serious?! viruses are everywhere; floppies, CDR, Network, Chicken! :)

the main Q still active

Edited by Wesmosis

Just to clarify something....

v2.50.2x the 64bit version.

v2.50.4x the Win32 version.

His version is NOT over a year old. The definitions are just old.

It seems as though updates are put in %programfiles%\ESET\updfiles\ - So see about adding those files to your disc. Maybe you won't get the error. Otherwise, you could write a script that checks for an internet connection, if one doesn't exist, then updates get disabled. That would probably work too.

I can't find it either... and I dont have any problems with 2.51.20, no message anyway so I'm happy. :thumbup

You will get an error if you reinstall fresh with no updates. Its definitions simply aren't up-to-date. The release is too old.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

i've always wondered how to copy the update files from nod, shame they don't have a single file with them defs in..

Whoa, let's not jump the gun here. Like I said, I'm not sure if that's right. It just seems like it would be (I'm going by the "Last Modified" date). I could be way off, though. ;)

ok I got rid of that error message that keep telling that I'm out-of-date by using the latest NOD32 version

however, the Q is now, how can somebody update his NOD32 manually on a PC without an the online update

i.e you get the latest (Virus Signature Databsae Build)

Some humble Tests:

1- On a clean install of a 2.51.20, this folder is empty

C:\Program Files\ESET\updfiles

2- After online update to 6870 (Virus Signature Databsae Build)

you will find 6 files in the above folder about 4.3 mbs

3- when I copy these files to a newly installed NOD32 (of course on VMWare), notihing happen, still the old (Virus Signature Databsae Build) appear which is 6601

so guyz, is it impossible to find a way to update the Virus Signature Database of the Legnedary NOD32 offline?!!

Edited by Wesmosis

along with copying the files within the updfiles folder, also copy nod32.000 and nod32.003 in the main folder and on next reboot it will display the proper date for virus signature database version and Date of the files you applied manually. The build # doesnt get updated until you do an online update.

shark

Edited by Shark007