pc performance shot downhill

dcyphure

heres the thing, i got another gig of ram, i turned off pagefile and the game Fear ran better. later i switched off 2T timing as recommended and formatted/reinstalled XP and now my system really sucks, other marks say my cpu/memory/video card are way below normal

TechExpress link for your current results:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=68KC0WFXKMCS0FLR

heres my pcmark04 score, by comparisons its pretty low and why is my memory registering 333mhz, its suppose to be 400mhz, everything in bios is set to auto as was before

i switched back to 2T and no difference, cpu usage is caused by hardware interupt...but what is that and how do i fix it. i havnt found a reason for poor video and memory

btw, all my games play fine as far as frame rates go and 3dmark05 score is typical

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=3179255

thanx in advance

Edited by dcyphure

Do you run XP pro or XP Home? The reason I ask is I have ran into a simular problem on a XP home machine. After I had a crap load of trouble getting it to run smoother I gave up and talked the client into XP Pro and have had no trouble with it at all. I believe that XP Home is a huge mistake just like Windows ME was.

Do you run XP pro or XP Home? The reason I ask is I have ran into a simular problem on a XP home machine. After I had a crap load of trouble getting it to run smoother I gave up and talked the client into XP Pro and have had no trouble with it at all. I believe that XP Home is a huge mistake just like Windows ME was.

its xp home but never had a problem in the 5 years ive had it

heres the thing, i got another gig of ram, i turned off pagefile and the game Fear ran better. later i switched off 2T timing

Restore your page file, clean out temp/cache/MRUs with CCleaner and also clean the registry with it, remove all files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, turn off unncessary Services and disable unneeded Start-up entries. Set the page file to 1.5x the size of how much RAM you have and make sure the initial and max value are the same. If you have more than one harddrive or partition, place the page file on that second one. Disable all visual effects, except for "Show Windows Contents While Dragging", then defrag with PerfectDisk v7.0.

If you're wondering about Services, I have put together 2 reg files, one for networked PCs and one for non-networked PCs. You might have to change a thing or two, so take 5 minutes to go through the reg file in Notepad and change the "4" value to "2" (Automatic) or "3" (Manual).

Edited by Jeremy

i reset the bios and even reinstalled xp...i also used a different video driver, after a period of time i noticed the hardware interupt started using 30+% of cpu again

i recieved the same problems, memory/cpu and video are all way below normal still

enabling or disabling pagefile did nothing

like i said i never had problems till i first switched to 1T..however i may not have noticed since i didnt benchmark anything till after that so its possible that the problem occured when i put in that 2 more sticks of ram...i used the exact same ram so all 4 are exactly the same, they have led lights and seem to work fine

my games run fine and fear runs better since its not using pagefile, i recieve similar 3dmark05 scores, a couple hundred points shy but could be any reason for that, pcmark scores are the same and still far under everyone elses compared setups

my main concern now is figuing out why hardware interupts has my cpu usage so high