Windows 3.11 On CD?

gamehead200

I have a bunch of folders with the files for each disk for Windows 3.11. Is there a way I can put all the files on one CD, and during setup, I will not have to be asked to insert any diskettes, just like Windows XP setup (installs without asking for diskettes :) )? Can I edit the setup.inf file or something?

windows 3.11 ?? i thought its dead... what kind of use you can find for it? do tell actually, may be i will use it too.

btw, i have windows 1.01, fits on diskette - very convenient w00t w00t

Funny you ask Gamehead200, I was playing around with this a month ago.

Put all the files from the diskettes into one folder, then create an ISO using something like WinISO. You'll need a boot disk to enable cd-rom drivers (win98 startup disk will do).

I think I came across several errors, but it didn't seem to affect anything

why do you need a guide gamehead? Like rstryker said, it won't ask for any diskettes. I've even done this myself, and it runs Setup without asking for any floppy disk, cos all the files are there on CD.

why do you need a guide gamehead? Like rstryker said, it won't ask for any diskettes. I've even done this myself, and it runs Setup without asking for any floppy disk, cos all the files are there on CD.

Aaron, do I have to install MS-DOS first? :) I tried installing it with a Win 98 boot disk, but I couldn't boot into the OS... :rolleyes:

3.11? Ugh, i used to have that, got rid of it years ago. I could not go back to that. Must admit, it was more stable than win95. I obtained a copy of windows 1.01 as well, very ugly, even dos shell looks better than it

• 2 weeks later...

If you still like Win3.1, get one of these:

http://www.hitechcafe.com/eshop/product.as...ku=XC6000+NO+PS

It actually runs Windows for Pen Computing 1.0, has a touch screen, too. BE ADVISED: These computers have no CDROM and no Floppy Disk Drive. They do have a single PCMCIA port, so you can transfer files via CompactFlash and PC Card Adapter from your laptop. They have a parallel port and a serial port. The 260MB drive is more than enough for Win3.1. It comes with drivers so the CompactFlash/PC Card will be seen as Drive D.