What Not To Remove For Some Programs

mraeryceos

I did not remove input method editor yet office 2003 updates wont work for me. It has been happening since a pretty loong time .

ranging from many versions of nLite and many windows cd. All i can remember is just once was my office able to update itself.

I have asked this question separatly in a thread but no help :(

Someone please come up with a solution!!!

i do not install the complete office suite though , i leave out quite many stuff. it should not matter i guess.

I can update the service pack but not the other!! What should i do?

i play warcraft 3 battle-net & i removed protected storage service.. i think it is not needed by warcraft..

OS....ALWAYS post your OS! Dependancies vary greatly from OS to OS, and service pack to service pack!

I confirmed a while ago that protected storage is required to be on "Automatic" for Win2k Pro Sp4, but is fine disabled for XP. I have no idea what removing it on Win2k does, but having it disabled made wc3 stop responding to commands when I clicked the battle.net button. That makes me think a thread was looping over and over or something to prevent all other interface buttons from working(or wc3 from closing), though everything was still rendering.

Edit: I'm a hypocrite that now added "Sp4" to my comments. :P

Edited by Kramy

And here's another program for you to add to the list:

VCom Systemsuite 5

Depends On: System File Protection

Reasons: If the afore mentioned service is not installed, or is trimmed out, upon installing that program, it asks you to reboot, and somewhere in the process it corrupts the winlogon.exe file

• 2 weeks later...

BaRoMeTR,

I have an ADSL connection and I remove all network and tcp/ip services and components. The only issue is that if I remove DHCP Client, an icon on taskbar is showing trying to search a network. I fix this configuring some IP on TCP/IP protocol on Local Area Connection. I use 192.168.254.254 for IP, Gateway defaullt and first DNS Server. But any IP will work.

So you don´t need any component that nLite can remove for now.

It is ok to you?

BaRoMeTR,

I have an ADSL connection and I remove all network and tcp/ip services and components. The only issue is that if I remove DHCP Client, an icon on taskbar is showing trying to search a network. I fix this configuring some IP on TCP/IP protocol on Local Area Connection. I use 192.168.254.254 for IP, Gateway defaullt and first DNS Server. But any IP will work.

So you don´t need any component that nLite can remove for now.

It is ok to you?

Do you have to dialup or are you using a router ?

• 2 weeks later...

EXCLAM.GI_ (exclam.gif)

If you remove this file pre-installation The backgroun transfer service, numerous shortcuts and the my "folder name" collection of folders will fail to be created.

In the latest nLite version(1.0rc7), Warcraft III: TFT no longer requires the Protected Storage service to be running under Win2k. You can safely disable it, and I presume safely remove it. I am not sure what nLite version this changed in, but apparently something connection related is all better now. :thumbup