With latest HFSLIP, Setup keeps restarting

Super-Magician

It wasn't an error... Sorry. And like TommyP, I didn't experience an error integrating WMP10 either. The background music still ain't there, but no "syntax error" or anything like that. When is that error displayed, actually? Is that during T-13, while "Registering components"?

I use these switches with cdimage: -h -n -m -o

Open up a command prompt and navigate to a folder that contains cdimage. Then run cdimage /? and read the info. That's how I ended up using these switches...

If you want cdimage to work automagically, just put your BOOT.IMG file into your HFTOOLS directory and move your BOOT.BIN somewhere else. HFSLIP works like this (and in this order)...

1 If it detects BOOT.BIN, it creates the image using MKISOFS and exits.

2 If it detects BOOT.IMG, it creates the image using CDIMAGE and exits.

3 If it detects neither, it exits.

OK, well, I was planning to post earlier this morning, but I didn't get a chance to.

Anyway, the WMP error is finally fixed! I retested my installation this morning, and everything works perfectly now. Except that after configuring Welcome to Windows, I get an error saying that my logon password is incorrect. In the background, I see a Classic Logon dialog trying to log onto the Administrator account. After I click OK on the error dialog, it returns to the Welcome screen (with the single account I created, 'Super-Magician').

Hopefully I don't get too many more problems so I can finally close this thread.

Also, I may have been wrong when I said that not installing WMP10 fixes the background music, however. I didn't test it in a VM, and I didn't have sound drivers when I installed Windows. I actually set up the drivers and then used SYSPREP to reseal the machine. This is when I heard the music. But since we couldn't fix the music by integrating WMP, I'll just leave it alone for now. If anyone figures it out, just drop me a line.

Edited by Super-Magician