With latest HFSLIP, Setup keeps restarting

Super-Magician

I changed the line in SVCPACK.INF like you said to

MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

and recabbed it.

However, Windows Setup gave me a command-line syntax error as it was trying to install WMP10. Nevertheless, this was a chance to see whether leaving WMP9 installed would bring back the music (note: The sounds during Welcome are always there - it's the background music that's a problem). Sure enough, the music was there this time.

So, is it a WMP10 problem? I still need help though on the line in SVCPACK.INF.

Thanks.

-- Super-Magician :)

Edit: I think I may have figured out the original problem that I outlined in this thread. The product key in my WINNT.SIF is not enclosed by quotation marks, and according to ref.chm in Deploy.cab, the quotes are required.

Edited by Super-Magician

Strange. Are you sure that your wmp10 installer is fine? You test it by running wmp10 in your VM. I got the commandline switches from googling. Perhaps they changed the syntax around because I've seen numerous varations all over the msfn board. I haven't time to test xp installations today. If you want to help out the script project, it would be great if you can come up with a commandline switch that works. Test various commandline iterations on a non-wmp10 installation. Any help is appreciated.

My installer is fine. I tested the exact same commandline switches as in the SVCPACK.INF file (MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore") on MP10Setup.exe in Windows and it worked perfectly without displaying the error. I'm thinking that MP10Setup.exe might have to be renamed to 8:3 formatting. I know you mentioned before that the 8:3 formatting is not mandatory; in fact, I run CDIMAGE using the switch to allow long filenames.

One other command I tested is

MP10Setup.exe /C:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

which displays the file extraction progress yet still runs in quiet mode. I think this command runs quite well.

A quick question - what is the purpose of the /R:N switch, and what's the difference (if any) between /Q and /Q:A?

Edit: I retested the install with the same switches, except I changed the name of the installer to MP10Inst.exe. The same error displayed at T-13.

Edited by Super-Magician

/Q:A suppresses all messages and /R:N instructs the installer to never reboot.

/R:N = never reboot

/R:A = always reboot (showing prompt)

/R:I = reboot if needed (showing prompt)

/R:AS = always reboot silently (no prompt)

/R:IS = reboot silently if needed (no prompt)

I hate to tell you this, but the WMP10 problem still hasn't been fixed, even with HFSLIP_60206.

The error displayed is

Command line option syntax error.  Type Command /? for options.

I am 100% certain that there is nothing wrong with my installer.

Edited by Super-Magician

I am going to be retesting my installation (HFSLIP_60208) using a CD. Hopefully the WMP integration works. I've redownloaded the installer in case that helps. I've used CDIMAGE 2.52 (not the GUI version) to create images in the past, but this time I used CDBurnerXP Pro 3 (I've also tried burning the CD using UltraISO).

I plan to continue utilizing CDIMAGE for future images, so let me make sure I am using the correct switches. Besides the switches for the volume label, time stamp, and boot sector file, I use:

-h -j1 -x -o -m

Would you suggest a different combination or such?

I think I located it. I'm sending the correction to TommyP.
If and when this version is uploaded, I will test it. Thanks!

-- Super-Magician :)

Edited by Super-Magician