CD COpy Protection

andrewlee_foo

microwave?

i thought it will spoil all the data?

how bout software?

is there any software that can allow use to do so?

coz i dun have a microwave at home.

or how bout use lighter to burn it?

izzit posible?

regarding using the microwave, izzit this method is to distroy they lead in and lead out part so that it can't be duplicate?

coz i want to protect my unattended xp installer,

i dun want my house mate duplicate it and give his bitchy girl frind and claim is his work.

if you protect your xp cd, wouldn't you have problems during the installation, 'cause the setup will copy a lot of files from your cd... I made a Nin1 CD and didn't protect it 'cause I thought I would have problems during the installation. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know...

microwave?

i thought it will spoil all the data?

uh oh :)

it may be a good thing you don't have a microwave. i was only kidding. microwaving a CD destroys it. but ****, it sure looks cool :) just 3 seconds is all it takes.

victor_008:- no if doe right it shoud not cause any probems with the install. think about copy protected games, they work with a cd protection.

i think most copy protection is based on null blocks of data being inserted on the cd which arent copied by cd copying /burning software.

one suggestion is to add null bocks that cannot be copied but are required by the bootloader (a modified bootoaer that checks for the null blocks. coud be a modified vrsion of cmenu's loader)

Here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=30251

( sometimes searching helps ;) )

Direct link (spanish)

http://www.pandreonline.com/tzcopy/

jaclaz

An open-source copy protection, according to their description page?

Any CD-ROM that supports raw reading should be able to copy exactly the disk with no problem... this one is extremely weak.

No copy-protection system is uncrackable.

No copy-protection system is uncrackable.

Yep, sure, noone said it was uncrackable, major companies have spended millions of $ to find an uncrackable one and all they got was to delay the start of the copying for a few weeks at most.

Since the prospected use is:

i dun want my house mate duplicate it and give his bitchy girl frind and claim is his work.

probably it can do the job.

jaclaz

any CD can be copied, just a matter of taking the time and finding out how to circumvent it.

only way i can possibly think of is:

1. don't give him a copy lol (which you shouldn't be anyways as the cd-key would need to be changed)

2. put a password on it.. encrypted admin password in the winnt.sif.

3. use some soft of boot loader like cdshell and see if theres a password option in there.

4. make modified items that say "Andrews Unattended XP CD" by modifying the setup billboard, wallpaper, RunOnceEx/BatchFile, etc..