[Desktops] 2006

I knew there was something in this theme! :lol:

@Cygnus, the cleanest way is to restore your backup. Then, press Shift and left-click on your desktop. You'll get a new menu. Go to "bar options", "disable vwm". ;)

edit: if you want, I can help you change the width of the border you get around windows too. :)

(why translating a theme or an app teaches you lots of things. ^_^ )

Edited by Camarade_Tux

omg lmao thats too funny. looking to remove something manually and theres a setting for it :lol::wacko:

kool, how do you do that? i saw a file to edit when looking for the vwm in the rc files, but i didnt pay any attention to it lol.

Edited by Cygnus

edit: if you want, I can help you change the width of the border you get around windows too. :)

(why translating a theme or an app teaches you lots of things. ^_^ )

im interested :D

thanks again ripken :)

Edited by Cygnus

-> austerity\config\base.rc

I advise you to remove spaces on top and in right but to keep 1 or 2 pixels on the bottom and left of the windows : therefore you can have your popup and config menu quickly. edit: for me, it lets me access my "recycle" ^^

(this annoyed me because when I want to close a window, I just move the mouse to the upper right corner and click, with this space, I click on litestep's desktop... :/ )

Edited by Camarade_Tux

heres my desktop, now that i have converted my desktop to linux :)

th_Screenshot.jpg

laptop is the same as before, except it doesn't have that VWM thingy

Edited by Cygnus

Running stock Open Suse Linux 10.1 (now completely free) with KDE 3.5.1a inteface:

snapshotjn5.th.png

Ubuntu look neat too, you should try kubuntu since kde is similar and 2 times better than windows gui. I ran gnome before, now I tried kde and will not go back to gnome. I would run Kubuntu but since I needed extra packages I went with suse, I install all packages execpt gnome and gnome development package aswell as the packages for laptops and pdas.

Ubuntu look neat too, you should try kubuntu since kde is similar and 2 times better than windows gui. I ran gnome before, now I tried kde and will not go back to gnome. I would run Kubuntu but since I needed extra packages I went with suse, I install all packages execpt gnome and gnome development package aswell as the packages for laptops and pdas.

i had Kubuntu on this computer, as with Xubuntu. Kubuntu wouldn't mount my NTFS usb drive, nor my iPod or anything else, Xubuntu didn't detect my sound, so rather than messing around with those, i just put Ubuntu back on here. im happy with it, i prefer the K desktop, but i cant use Kubuntu, unless.... does anyone know how to use the K Desktop on Ubuntu? :sneaky: