[Question] - Registry Cleaners!

fargo

Registry Mechanic OR Ccleaner.

This one not bad:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_RegClean_d458.html

I use all three. This seems the best combo.

RegClean 4.1a has been around forever, never changed. The Reg Team must be LONG GONE .. It seems to be some type of garbage collector for Windows stuff-ups or bugs. Run it, then restart your PC and run it again. See if the two Reg backup files are of similar size, right click on them and select EDIT to open in Notepad. Check what has been removed from the Reg. Some same things there????

CCleaner I use, but don't know if the Reg part works well. The cleanup of temp garbage does though.

Registry Mechanic works extremely well, and it's shocking to know WHAT WINDOWS and OTHERS do to you.. The stinkers. Do you know if you were to download a file to your desktop, then move that file, the REG entry for the desktop file will always be in your Reg!

Do you need them - probably not. Are they a good thing to run once in a while. Probably yes.

CCleaner is the only one I use. :)

I agree, they are just recently becomeing popular, we lived with out them before, but in a couple years they will be as popular as windows 3.1! but no dought they are good to have, i like ccleaner

Edited by wolf7448