[rel] Vista Transformation Pack

Windows X

I installed the Lite version last nite and it worked great, I have one question though. I was hopeing to get the round start button that was just the MSFT flag, I've seen it somewhere online here and I cant remember where. Is there a way to add that in or would I need to download the bigger pack?

From the computers I have available I can't acces crystalxp.net, is there somewhere else that I can download just the task bar option? or what is the file called or style so I can search for it. Thanks for your time

• 1 month later...
Set vtp.sif to enable unattended transformation using First-Run transformation in your CD or get nLite/RVM Integrator Pack version.

Where can I find the nLite version?? I've tried integrating...I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Tells me something about NT Setup files found and quits.

This looked to be like a promising pack and it's really a shame that it can't manage to even begin installing properly (amongst other things). The first time I installed I got several error 53s before it finally went tits up. I rebooted and some of my OS changed visually. Media Player, msn...they remained the same, but no worries. I tried integrating w/ nlite and that was a small disaster even through vmware.

Vista Transformation Pack has detected that
there's any Windows NT setup file in

E:\\i386

It's not recommend you to continue with this.
Please eject your Windows NT CD or move
that folder to somewhere else. Press OK to exit
Vista Transformation Pack.

:blink:

Now, it took me a long while to figure out what this was trying to tell me. Not that I ever did figure it out. Is it trying to say that there ISN'T any setup files? That there is? And WHY can I not continue to screw my system up if I feel I want to? Anyway, why does this app search the CD anyway? I first saw this message through nlite install. Then I just tried to install from my hd and got the same error. It wouldn't install without me having to remove my WinCD.. wtf?? haha :lol:

BUT THEN...

NTOSKRNL.EXE not found!

And I curse your camel!! but not really... :realmad:

Since I am a sucker for pain, I tried the LITE version...

LMAO! It had a problem with it's SIF file. Something about needed data not found or something or other.

TSK TSK My friend.. but I guess today wasn't my day. It was worst than my toothache. :(

• 2 weeks later...

For all Windows X fans still at TC, informing you that the Vista Transformation Pack 4 has been released!

Due to TC and Windows X ending their relationship, the packs are no longer released here.

WINDOWS X WEBSITE: http://www.windowsxlive.net

NEW WINDOWS X SHRINE: http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showforum=71

You can download VTP4 at either of these locations. All discussions, feedback and support is now located at the new Windows X Shrine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this Transformation Pack 4.0. It has great Icons and visual effects. Just wonder why Microsoft did not added it to WinXP.

Just a little problem, somtimes it gives Windows File Protection message and asks for Win XP SP2 CD. I usually cancel it. But is there a way to get rid of it.

While installation I waited for quite sometime as mentioned at the last step of installation. But still get this message.

Regards,

Yasir