Snow!

gamehead200

Hey everyone,

For the last few weeks, Montreal's had almost no snow... Well, that all changed at about 3AM this morning...

Its been snowing non-stop at a rate of about 5cm/hour (2 inches/hour)...

Take a look at these pics of my front and back yard! :P

Note: The snow removal guy removed most of the snow already...

post-1828-1134740867_thumb.jpg

post-1828-1134740878_thumb.jpg

post-1828-1134740885_thumb.jpg

post-1828-1134740893_thumb.jpg

Nice, nice...

I remember a few weeks ago we had about 3 cm of snow here in Vancouver. It was really really sad... what would normally be a 1 hour commute turned into 2h45m because people have no $#&@$� clue how to drive in the snow... :realmad::P

Nice pictures and a nice place gamehead. I see your pool is covered. Not into the polarbear club? Chicken. It would allow you to have your shaking head avatar again but in real time!

Well for us it has been an ice storm. 830,000 without power. Which for us means no water. We're on a well. I've got a generator to run the fridge!?! and a couple of lights and a fireplace to heat. It'll be like this for a couple of days. No biggie, I look around and there are worse circumstances to be in. It would have been much nicer as snow. Once I left the house this morning, I wished I had had my camera. It was beautiful outside. The world was crystalized. All gone now except for the cold.

DL

Nice pictures and a nice place gamehead. I see your pool is covered. Not into the polarbear club? Chicken. It would allow you to have your shaking head avatar again but in real time!

Well for us it has been an ice storm. 830,000 without power. Which for us means no water. We're on a well. I've got a generator to run the fridge!?! and a couple of lights and a fireplace to heat. It'll be like this for a couple of days. No biggie, I look around and there are worse circumstances to be in. It would have been much nicer as snow. Once I left the house this morning, I wished I had had my camera. It was beautiful outside. The world was crystalized. All gone now except for the cold.

DL

Thanks. Oh, and congrats on finding the pool in all that snow! :P

We had an Ice Storm here in MTL in 1998. I believe it lasted about a week with no power and the bridges closed (so people were unable to come to the city).

DL, do you mean this av?

shakeitsmall2dc.gif

Edited by gamehead200

@gamehead - Yes, that's the av. When I first came to MSFN, you had that avatar. I guess you must have picked it for the same reason I found it eyecatching. There is something peculiar about the movement when it is sped up that way. Did you deliberately video that motion or did you just cull it from a longer length you had? Mentally, I always associate your name with that avatar and vice-versa. I'm sure that you will outgrow it age wise but it will always be you. Now all I have to do is to try to get Simonsays to go back to his monkey theme. :D

DL

Edited by DL

We ended up getting around 40-50cm (20 inches) of snow today... Its nuts... :P

The av was put together while I had my webcam on. It was taking pics every x number of seconds while I was adjusting it... It just so happens that that's what it came up with! :P

We're a bit to far south to get much in the way of decent snows. Once or twice a year if we are lucky and it doesn't usually go over 5 or 6 inches at best and is gone in a day or two. People in the south clamor for snow and those in the north clamor for sunshine. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

We ended up getting around 40-50cm (20 inches) of snow today... Its nuts... :P

The av was put together while I had my webcam on. It was taking pics every x number of seconds while I was adjusting it... It just so happens that that's what it came up with! :P

Hey, whatever works. :thumbup

DL

• 4 years later...

This past Friday night into Saturday morning, 25 inches.

My brothers car (should have bought a truck):

snow_dec_18_2009%20012.jpg

Terra Grappler says "What snow?":

IMG00004-20091220-0918.jpg

At the start of the storm:

snow_dec_18_2009%20001.jpg

I just like this pic because of the flag in the background:

snow_dec_18_2009%20009.jpg

And no one can park here so I did:

snow%20001.jpg

snow%20002.jpg

Oh and my dog got lost a few times but she loved it:

IMG00007-20091220-1603.jpg

Reminds me of being in Buffalo in 2001 - 35 inches of snow in a 24 hour period, a little over 80 inches of snow over 3 days right after Christmas that year (approximately 2.1 meters).

What a fun mess it was - I don't have any pics of my own, but I'm sure a quick google will find some if you like snow pictures. The AP had this one, for reference (sorry about the crap quality, thank the AP for posting a heavily compressed jpg):

buffalo_snow.jpg