Can u believe this guy suing MS for the xbox 360

suryad

i've seen many complains on overheating and freezing of xbox.

u can even watch it on gamershell.com

http://www.gamershell.com/download_11625.shtml

i do like microsoft but u've to admit that every product they make have flaws man.

of course i dunno what this guys problem was. maybe he put it next to the heater or he never shut it off, i dunno but still

its not that hard for ms to fit a bigger fan into the system.

u can sue ms but what does this guy want from ms? new xbox? better ventilated one? we dunno. either ways i'd say its a go. i'm with the dude who is sueing.

after all xbox is for all ages. u cannot expect the kids to shut the xbox off or have it ventilate with an extra fan. so ms should have considered these issues..

Edited by XtremeMaC

Yea i read that on slashdot. What a jerk. This is what he said. :}

richdun writes "Reuters is reporting that a Chicago man who was lucky enough to purchase an Xbox 360 has filed suit against Microsoft over the overheating and crashing some users have experienced. The man is seeking unspecified damages, litigation expenses, and replacement or recall of all Xbox 360s. While more suits or a class-action is probably on the way, others have sought less litigious solutions."

Edited by bms

Look I understand about MS doing more testing and stuff before releasing a product into the market.....I mean besides the heating issue there were the discs being scratched etc etc. Sue them for that! Surely the machines cant be crashing because they are overheating IF they are placed in a decent environment. I agree MS needs to do more work before laucnhing a product as I have always said but to get sued for damages and stuff? If the guy just wanted a brand new replaced Xbox and his money back and call for the fixing up of all troublesome xboxes that is something else. Seemed to me he was trying to get a piece of the pie the easy way....and the EU comes into mind.

Well I gotta see what the man did first. I mean did he even tryied to call coustomer service first? Did they bs him or something. I mean We should get all the details before we take sides right? From what I read he's a bit too excessive. I would think that if his console is mess up he should get a replacement or refund, but to demand the recall of all the units may be too much to ask for. If it was that it was catching on fire or dangerous in some way then yea (TOTAL RECALL). But if it freezes only then it's just a little down time. if he didn't like it ----> get a refund and get something else. I mean It's definetly still under warranty since it came out in like how many days only.

well i think he wants to sue bc maybe he heard a lot of complaints then he was like "wtf? i just bought this and it crashes this often? **** u ms u should have bought ps2/waited for ps3" etc then decided on suing.

what can the customer service do other than waiting u on the line for a year and replying with non-sense?

replacement? replace it with another xbox? what's going to be the difference? its going to freeze again. and refund? will they refund the games as well? maybe he doesn't want a refund bc he's favotire games made for xbox...

so he just wants to gather up some ppl and force MS to make better stuff. u don't even have to gather up a lot of ppl i mean look at the sony spyware issue. many ppl sent their cd's back and stopped buying and asked for uninstall software etc etc.

u cannot do that kind of thing on xbox. request a firmware? hmm not going to take the heat off the thing. request another fan or a bigger fan? who's able to fit it in? ow pay the technician? yea right.

anyone thought of these?

I heard they have a problem with the transformer's in the powerblock overheating and when transformer's exceed there specified heat, they screw up and it can become a hazard to operate them. If this is true i think MS should repalce the transformer's with a higher class transformer.

there is a saying, it doesn't smoke if there isn't any fire. which means there is got to be a cause for the bragging to occur, it makes more sense in turkish of course :D

so i'm sure this guy didn't sue for fun.

these consoles are meant for playing 24/7 they're mainly done for kids anyhow. they sit and play for 24/7, when it crashes it the mom's and dad's job to get it fixed.

and this is no marketing, its not like MS offers a better xbox at better price or fan system or anything like that, its just simple matter of doing things with the right tools...