Firefox 1.5 RELEASED!

Tarun

Ummm..... better, faster, safer.... as compared to what? Hopefully you dont mean as compared to RC3!

If you are an existing firefox user, then you should know that its the same build since 3 weeks. The final is the same as RC3, & its build-date is 11th November 2005, as the about box says.

Edited by prathapml

Ummm..... better, faster, safer.... as compared to what? Hopefully you dont mean as compared to RC3!
What makes this version seem faster is my favorite new feature in FF 1.5 (something that's bugged me about Web Browsers for years). When you hit back or forward your browser makes a new request for the page and re-submits any form variables. While your CSS/JS/Images are cached, the web page itself is re-requested, what FF 1.5 is doing (that as far as I've know nobody has done before) is using the cached copy of the web page, so when you hit Back or Forward, no internet access is used. Edited by Rhelic

What makes this version seem faster is my favorite new feature in FF 1.5 (something that's bugged me about Web Browsers for years). When you hit back or forward your browser makes a new request for the page and re-submits any form variables. While your CSS/JS/Images are cached, the web page itself is re-requested, what FF 1.5 is doing (that as far as I've know nobody has done before) is using the cached copy of the web page, so when you hit Back or Forward, no internet access is used.
Not to be a troll, but this feature has been in Opera for a while now. (I know it's been in 8, not sure about 7)

Don't get me wrong. I think that it's a good thing that everyone is picking up on useful features from the others, and hopefully the security conference where everyone is coming together to discuss web browser security will produce something beneficial for everyone.

It's a big update by the looks of things. Can't stop progress. :)

Nyeh... I'm still running Deer Park Alpha 2 (a.k.a FF 1.60a)
FYI, that build is a bit older than firefox 1.5

The 1.5 build that you see today, is further along the dev-trunk, than deer-park-a2.

what FF 1.5 is doing (that as far as I've know nobody has done before) is using the cached copy of the web page, so when you hit Back or Forward, no internet access is used.
Opera's had this since v6.x - in other words, I've been enjoying it since back when firefox was not even born - 2001 - 4 years. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Using Cache is not necesserly good. In case you are in a Forum (Like here at MSFN), you wont get New Posts in case there were any when you press Back.

I prefer using Internet Access, to get the page refreshed.