my new comp

ripken204

edit: this is my final http://www.frontiernet.net/~ripken204/comp...s/2k_final.html

plz tell me what u guys would like to see in a guide

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ripken204/computers/2k_4.html

this is going to be my new computer :thumbup

ill be getting it early next week. i will be making a guide for you guys of how to build a computer and i will be doing plenty of overclocking for you too.

Edited by ripken204

Not to be mean but um

1. Why an Opteron you should get a reg. 64bit althlon.

2. DFI makes TERRIBLE motherboards

3. NEC cant make a cd-rw to save their lives

4. and the wireless card is a lik cheap

but its yours not mine :-D

Not to be mean but um

1. Opterons are essentially Athlon 64's that have met the rigorous requirement of being a server processor. They are known to be great overclockers and much more tolerant at heavy processing loads 24/7. Otherwise, there is no difference in terms of architecture and design between it and the regular Athlon 64.

2. I will somwhat agree there. I had a KT600-AL motherboard back in the day when I had an Athlon XP system and it was a piece of...well, you get the point. That particular Ultra-D model is "supposedly" the best for overclocking, but the board is extremely picky. The board seems to be fond of certain settings, and there is no tolerance in changes. You'll have to play a long game of trial and error in order to really bring the most out of that board.

3. That one's decent, don't know what you're talking about.

4. How do you know? Have you ever tried it or had any experience with it? I've never heard of it, but you shouldn't be putting down something that you've never tried. I don't listen to what others say, I like to try things out for myself and then I'll decide if it's good or bad.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~ripken204/computers/2k_4.html

this is going to be my new computer :thumbup

ill be getting it early next week. i will be making a guide for you guys of how to build a computer and i will be doing plenty of overclocking for you too.

rich guy!!! lmfao. well nice new comp!! i wish my was just as good as that one.

Not to be mean but um

i think opteron is better than athlon 64

DFI makes excellent board, so i dont know what your experiences have been. my new DFI mobo that was built with my new comp is awesome

i have the same NEC that Ripken picked out and it is awesome, hasnt failed me at all!

@lostincyberspace-i know the cpu is wrong, newegg lied to me saying that they would have the 165 back on friday but they didnt, i was just putting the 170 there to look at but now i might have to get it just b/c of the dual core

@BombaTwist-for what? the fx is the best overclocker, the opteron is the next best. the fx60 will be dual core and will be the best cpu of all time! and btw, me and my dad are splitting the price 50/50.

@oofki-where do u get this stuff? i would like some facts. the only thing i dont know about is the wireless which is prolly going to my dads comp and ill prolly be getting the modem/router for a direct connect

@Thai3g_Eclipse-thx for saying that stuff and defending me

Edited by ripken204

@Ripken:

its kool... Like i said in the pass people will screw another over.... <cough>tigerdirect<cough> They screwed me out of $100 in m-i-r(s).... but hey... its all good... can u see what u can do for a dual core chip and a badd @s$ mobo and ram... so basically i wanna upgrade my CPU, RAM, and MOBO... oh yea... throw a decent video card into the mix... I got some xtra $$$ leying around and i wanna better speed... one last question RIP... do u think i should wait for the m2 socket b4 upgrading or do it now? :w00t: