Xpize & Windowblinds

Amanda Krueger

Hello,

I installed Xpize4_MCE_RC fine on my system. But I've encountered a problem with Stardock's Windowblinds 4.6. Every time I open the Display Properties, Windowblinds exits without any error report, unloading the current theme and leaving with me an ultra-ugly classic windows style. Since WB changes the Display Properties and adds some new options to it, I believe there is an incompatibility between the changes XPize does to the Display Properties dialog and the changes WB does (btw, I had WB installed prior to the installation of Xpize, and there was no error when opening the Display Properties).

The only solution for me was to disable the integration of WB into the Display Properties dialog. Until now no further problems. But I believe there could be a problem with the new WindowBlinds v5 (which is Beta now, but will be finished soon), because the integration into the Display Properties Tab seems to be mandatory now.

Which dll is changed for the Display Properties Dialog? I guess I have to disable this specific dll for Xpize in order to keep my WB running.

bye,

Amanda K.

P.S.: another short question: I know about the problem between PowerDVD and Xpize regarding the msxml3.dll. If I disable this dll in xpize, which xpized graphics will I lose? A description of what was changed by xpize in all the dll's would be handy.