HFSLIP your codecs

tommyp

ffdshow is completely different, really. This community doesn't have much love for ffdshow so it isn't part of this pack and I keep it off of my testbeds.

Not sure why your decoding path is looping like that; mine is fine. Please list this info for the affected video: 4CC, compatible video codecs, and stream type. This is all reported by gspot for a properly encoded file. AFTER you get this data, click on RENDER, wait for it to finish, and then click on "Rendering successful (click for details)". I'd be interested to hear what is in there as well. Although it may be for naught with ffdshow on your machine now...it tends to hijack most types of multimedia streams.

3ivx is not part of this pack.

ffdshow plays stuff properly though. :P

(S) --> AVI Splitter --> ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder --> ®

GSpot reports those above mentioned 3 compatible codecs. Two are identical to eachother.

4CC: XVID

StreamType: OpenDML AVI, n/a, n/a

Hopefully some other people will chime in here with their opinion. Either way, I intend to bugfix this pack and split it into separate packs. Maybe we can work on an ffdshow pack after that?

I like it because ffdshow+Media Player Classic it gives me significantly higher video quality than players like MPlayer. In videos where MPlayer blocks up, ffdshow remains smooth, hardware accellerated, and pretty. :thumbup

I remember other people having different stories though on their own systems.

Hey, I just noticed a new codec pack: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Codec...XP/1106578566/1

I'm considering installing it to see if it lets me play any of the unworking vids. What do you think the chances are? :lol:

VLC would likely play everything, but I don't like VLC or MPlayer; they lack the common shortcuts I'm used to(spacebar, alt+enter, etc.).

Also, VLC has sound playing issues on my computer.

=================================================

I just installed the pack(minus the XVid and AC3 filter), and it didn't let me play anything new. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Oh, and incase anyone is wondering, Xvid 1.2 has dual-core optimizations, while Xvid 1.1 is best for single-core. I recommend Koepi's Xvids if you want one.

hi tain!

i just wanted to share that there are some ipod supported formats that i couldn't play using the codecs ...

but i have to apologize for i was not able to exactly get w/c file type it was specifically ...

incidentally, a friend synched the device to his system & accidentally removed all my files ... grr ... ;)

• 5 months later...