µTorrent 1.2 (was 1.1)

prathapml

Confirmed, the old version (which I posted initially) was poor.

The new version gives good DL and UL speeds.

Next, DHT support would be nice...

EDIT: Looks like there's big-time demand for it already, over at their forums - LINK

Edited by prathapml

Confirmed, the old version (which I posted initially) was poor.

The new version gives good DL and UL speeds.

Next, DHT support would be nice...

EDIT:  Looks like there's big-time demand for it already, over at their forums - LINK

Yup... I like how the developers participate in the forums there. It actually makes you feel like they care about what the people want.

hello mu-torrent fans ;)

New update out - http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

µTorrent is now better than ever! This release brings many fixes and new features, highlights being: greatly improved connectivity with peers (and thus better transfer rates) along with support for language translations. µTorrent is now available in English, Swedish and French. Technical information about translating µTorrent to your native language will be made available shortly. Also check out the program's new about window! Get it from the download section.

--- 2005-10-02: Version 1.1.3 (build 179)

- Fix: Reserve 25% of connections for incoming peers.

- Fix: Send numwant=0 on Stopped.

- Feature: Ability to change user interface language.

- Feature: Added French & Swedish translations.

- Feature: Don't send anonymous usage statistics.

- Fix: Remove key field, it confused some trackers.

- Fix: Randomize peer id when µTorrent starts.

- Fix: Tweaks to internal bittorrent parameters.

- Feature: Disconnect inactive peers after 5 minutes.

- Fix: Open on the Files view would sometimes open the wrong file.

- Feature: Allow scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll the views.

- Fix: The torrent id shown on the generals page had 32 characters instead of 40.

- Feature: Added inactive column to peer view to show the inactivity.

- Changed: Include some more columns by default in peer view.

- Fix: Peer handshake was waiting for peer id, but not all clients sent that immediately.

- Feature: Show error message in status bar if listen() fails.

- Fix: Focus wasn't moved to the edit box that contained an invalid value in settings dialog.

- Fix: Send a stopped command to trackers when closing µTorrent.

- Fix: Some invalid torrents would show a message about memory allocation failed, instead of "can't load torrent".

- Fix: Don't bandwidth limit http communication.

- Fix: Ratio column showed "inf" way too often.

- Fix: Nicer about dialog.

- Feature: Play THX sound in about dialog.

- Fix: Make sure file priority works even if file list is sorted in a different order.

- Fix: Make sure STOPPED is sent when a torrent is deleted.

- Fix: New icons (thanks ipunk)

- Fix: Identify Shareaza clients

- Feature: Support loading of torrent status icons / toolbar icons from an external file (tstatus.bmp or toolbar.bmp in storage folder)

- Fix: Crash bug with multiple trackers.

- Fix: Autostart option wasn't saved to config file.

Im very impressed with uTorrent. the first couple of released did have some major bugs but it seems to have come along way in a short time. theres only a couple more features that i would like included to make it perfect, the DHT being the main one. Especially if it can support both BitComet and Azureus ways of doing it. just a shame the icon for it sucks. but that doesnt matter as i made one anyway which can be found Here

downloaded a few 4gb torrents with it and not one problem. there was one slight bug with the file priority section but thats been fixed in 1.1.3. Overall i could see it becoming a very popular BT client providing development continues at a steady pace. even better would be if they made it open source so that a few other good coders can start work on getting DHT and maybe an RSS reader built in.

it just depends on how much bloat they include on the next version :P

downloaded about 10gb without any problems (d/l ratio was about 1:1). in general i'm really satisfied with it and has replaced ABC as my default .torrents client :)

agreed. the DHT and RSS are the only two things that i can think of that i would like to see built in. apart from that some general touch ups and improvements on the core and it will be everything you would need.

Great find prathapml! Cheers buddy :thumbup

Just downloaded uTorrent now, but i'm definately gonna give it a test drive. Certinaly looks like their onto a winner here, especially if they keep the client as small as possible.

The UI looks very similar to Azureus, yet uses a lot less system resources, looks like I've found a new BitTorrent client! :yes: