Lost 30 gigs

Simple step-by-step instructions

1) Copy the entire contents of your XP CD to a folder on your hard drive (lets call it C:\XPCD).

2) Open nLite. In the page that asks you for the location of the installation files, type in (or browse to) C:\XPCD. Click Next.

3) On this page, make sure that Integrate a Service Pack and Create a Bootable ISO are selected. Click next. ***

4) Click on Select and browse to the location of the SP2 network install that you used for the "hard way". Click on Next when the integrated install is completed.

5) Click on Make ISO and select a location to save the ISO of your new installation CD.

6) Exit fron nLite.

7) Open up your favorite burning program and burn the image you just made to a CD (you do not want a data CD here... look for "Burn Image")

*** If you want to go one step further, select Unattended Setup from this list as well. In the page after integrating SP2, fill in all the necessary information under all the tabs (General 2/2 and Display aren't too important, the others need to be completly filled). This will save you from having to enter this information while XP is installing.

That should sum it up. When you're done, you should have a bootable CD with Service Pack 2 slipstreamed (and maybe an Unattended setup as well).

Well i tried my 160 gig hard drive but when it starts up it will say boot from cd and say "disk read error Ctrl+Alt+del to restart". And theres not even a cd in the drive.

Well if it is trying to read a cd and there isnt a cd in the drive, thats why there is an error.

If you are still wondering about burning an iso image, I suggest giving the XP powertoy ISO Recorder a try. It is small and simple, because the only thing it does is allow you to burn ISO images.

1. I just installed windows xp pro and it formated and copyed all of the files fine then when it restarts, it will boot from the windows xp cd again and comes up were its says to intall windows xp now press enter and i should not have to install windows again.

2. I finily got nero 6 and that has were you can burn a iso image and i'm going to try that.

• 1 month later...