Fred 'mister' Rogers Dies Of Cancer At 74

XPerties

Read more...

Fred Rogers, who gently invited millions of children to be his neighbor as host of the public television show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" for more than 30 years, died of cancer early Thursday. He was 74.

Rogers died at his Pittsburgh home, said family spokesman David Newell, who played Mr. McFeely on the show. Rogers had been diagnosed with stomach cancer sometime after the holidays, Newell said.

"He was so genuinely, genuinely kind, a wonderful person," Newell said. "His mission was to work with families and children for television. ... That was his passion, his mission, and he did it from day one."

Sorry to hear that.... :rolleyes:  I remember watching his show when I was a kid. (  a longggg time ago).... :)

It was a lllloooonnnnggg time ago!!!!!!!!!! What a drag, it was a good show for the kids unlike Barney, the gay dinosaur!!!!

****, he was like the most nicest person ever. That sux! I watched him as a kid and my sister did when she was a kid 4 years behind me. He's been on for almost 40 years! Amazing! Even though my mom teased me for about an hour tonight on how much I loved Mr. Rogers, I still think his show was one of the few shows i remember as a kid, and on top of that, he was a preacher and never metioned god once which is commendable also, just a great person! Need more like him!

SupaFly

• 19 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I stopped by to read some things and was like "wtf", why is a post I made 19 years ago even on the first page of general discussion. Hilarious someone would dig such a post up to bump it......oh look, I just did the same thing.