What Are You Listening To?

techguy21801

On 12/10/2023 at 8:01 PM, j7n said:

F.R. David became famous with songs "Words Don't Come Easy" and "Pick Up the Phone". The second album "Long Distance Flight" is less known, but has a few bangers. It can be found ingested on digital platforms in CD quality with mixed up track sequencing.

Few things are worth hearing on WEB platforms.

No, only Vinyl! On CD it's highly compressed and sounds awful, you need Vinyl. 

CD is only 16bit, properly backed up Vinyl is 24bit, I can hear a clear difference in favour of Vinyl. I have a good turntable made by Philips, I simply back them up to spare the vinyls.

On 12/14/2023 at 9:13 AM, e-t-c said:

Bert Kaempfert (1923-1980) & Sylvia Vrethammar (1945) - L.O.V.E (DE 1979)

Bert Kaempfert & Sylvia Vrethammar - Remember When (DE 1979)

I still love Bert Kaempfert and once posted songs in this thread myself but can't seem to locate it and I can really only be on MSFN in the mornings now so I don't have time to dig through to find it, but wanted to tell you His music was soo soothing.

Most people don't realize that his music was widely used for dancers to do the Foxtrot :)

Edited by XPerceniol

Hope all is well @e-t-c and happy holidays to you.

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER YOU - Andy Williams - This song has special personal meaning to me so I hope you'll give it a listen. 

youtube.com/watch?v=hrZQfdYeePM

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=there+will+never+be+another+you+andy+williams

For some reason I can't get the vid to come up with several tries - the video is unavailable - sometimes they come up and sometimes not.:dubbio:

EDIT: Nevermind ... On Mypal68 that was the case but I see the video fine with 360 Chrome so I'm happy. 

Edited by XPerceniol

Wau, thanks for your greetings XPerceniol! Also best wishes und happy Holidays to You! :cool:

Dusty Springfield (1939-1999) - Anna (US TV 1966)

Dusty Springfield - In Private (12" Version) (UK 1989)

Actually, I think you English is pretty good. That song means more to me because it (along with your Bert Kaempfert songs) were for the beautiful dance the Foxtrot and that is why ... not so much the love ... and greetings back at ya from a 50YO loveless bachelor and I hope you enjoy a nice fruitful life well past 67+ :)

Edited by XPerceniol