What the "XP" really means...

hydr0g3n

I was thinking about this some time ago and I just recently remembered the idea.

Anyway.

The XP has been thought to mean a bunch of different things which include XPerience.

But what about a reference to Roman History(actually its more of legend)

People are familiar with the Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire.

He named a city after himself and made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire.

There is a legend why he made Christianity the official religion. He believed that Christ helped him come to power. The legend goes that a night before a very large battle, Constantine had a dream where Christ spoke to him and Christ told him to write the greek letters Chi and Rho, or XP, on his troops shields the next day for the battle.

Constantine did this and his army completely slaughtered the opposers even though he was supposedly outnumbered greatly.

So maybe is there a connection that the XP in Windows XP has a historical reference and this historical reference could signify how Microsoft feels about Windows "XP" and what it was suppose to do to the competition(if there was any at all)?

Here is a link to Wikipedia, it explains the legend in more detail.

Battle of Milvian Bridge

Just a useless but interesting connection...

I was thinking about this some time ago and I just recently remembered the idea.

Anyway.

The XP has been thought to mean a bunch of different things which include XPerience.

But what about a reference to Roman History(actually its more of legend)

People are familiar with the Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire.

He named a city after himself and made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire.

There is a legend why he made Christianity the official religion. He believed that Christ helped him come to power. The legend goes that a night before a very large battle, Constantine had a dream where Christ spoke to him and Christ told him to write the greek letters Chi and Rho, or XP, on his troops shields the next day for the battle.

Constantine did this and his army completely slaughtered the opposers even though he was supposedly outnumbered greatly.

So maybe is there a connection that the XP in Windows XP has a historical reference and this historical reference could signify how Microsoft feels about Windows "XP" and what it was suppose to do to the competition(if there was any at all)?

Here is a link to Wikipedia, it explains the legend in more detail.

Battle of Milvian Bridge

Just a useless but interesting connection...

Impossible!

Notice, however, that the GUI for Windows 98 and Windows 2000 are remarkably similar! Plus there are astonishing similarities between the GUI in XP and Server 2003 and I suspect Vista. I was referring to the GUIs and not the kernel coding. :w00t:

Edited by FAT64