Case Fans

BombaTwist

if your sticking with air cooling, id get a silent 120mm fan,, find the quietest one you can get your hands on, it will move air better,, also id use a 2 case fan set up in a push and pull enviornment,, sorta like 1 at the bottom to pull cool air in and 1 at the top like a chimney to pull the hot air out

just ideals :)

As the above members correctly point out:

Most case fans are 80mm (25mm=1")

I would agree with the push/pull idea and try to mount a fan at the front of the case BLOWING air over the hard drive. Heat is the biggest killer of hardware. Place 1 or 2 fans at the back of the case to DRAWING AIR OUT of the case. Check that where air is drawn in at the front of the case, usually at the bottom of the front cover has enough "opening" space for the quantity of air you will be moving. I have often put my Dremel or similar to work opening up the plastic inlet area.

Hope this helps. Comments anyone ?

:thumbup

hmm, only problem is that i only have 1 place where i can put the case fan and thats in the back under the PSU and there is none in the front >.<. and right now im not really in the mood for buying a new case. well i dont really need alot of fans anyways cause i dont overclock stuff.

if you want more air flow for better cooling your gonna have to take matters into your own hands and mod your case

or play it safe and buy a new case,,

or just go regular and replace the case fan with a better one,

hmm, ill keep this in mind then, what do you think is a good case?

Dude, you're not helpless. Go on Newegg. Find some cases in your price range. Read the reviews. Google the model of the case and read reviews from other places. It's not hard. You can do research for yourself, too.

Water cooling, bah! Yeah, that's be very convenient for him to drag that stuff to a lan party, now wouldn't it? I recently got This Antec Case, which comes with a really good PSU. It's got a 120mmin the back and allows for an optional 80mm fan in the front. A friend of mine has 8 fans in his PC. Water cooling has a lot of disadvantages, especially leakage. Get Panaflo or Zalman fans, they're the best. The new Antec cases are known for being cool and quiet. ;)