bhurtel

Is this illigal  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Is this illigal

• yes, it is legal and can be distributed
    • No, it is illigal
    • For own purpose , it is legal
    • Strictly prohibited

erm, you just opened another thread with the same thematic (deja vu ;))

rules are clear, this forum is not friendly with warez or illegal stuff. this is not the case of Ryan's pack (which tries to help by creating an all-in-one hotfix pack) and the case of XPero's XPize (which just modifies system files to include new resources).

forgot 1 thing: is a bit annoying that bold-purple text ;)

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

I repeat myself. XPize does not include any file, only resources. And I know very well that Microsoft has nothing against it ;)

IMO, Providing you are not:

a) circumventing licensing, WPA or other methods of a similar aspect by modifying files/resources

B) AND you DO NOT DISTRIBUTE IT - then I dont *think* that Microsoft would have a problem with it.

If you provide information regarding ways of doing this to other people - with intent to circumvent the aspects mentioned above in point a) - then thats as good as doing the same thing as distributing the material itself.

So, in short, at the very least, its "legal, for personal use" but if not, then definately illegal and MS will come down on you heavy I would say.

N.

wow...

you claim to have read the forum rules, yet you failed to adhere to one of them in TWO instances. This leads me to believe that you DON'T read the rules, and that you DON'T follow them. Maybe it's just me, but i don't know...

8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Under no circumstances start threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. MSFN reserves the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site.
That's two threads violating this rule, opening up for discussion such action taken by a moderator.

Now as for the reason why your two AutoXP2006 threads were removed...

The first thread as stated above was evidently illegal. Not only were you distributing a Windows XP image, but also providing a VLK key and including a corporate version of a commercial application.

The second thread was would have stayed if you had not offered to distribute the package. I very plainly saw XPize work (System Properties, main logo on left) and even XPero pointed it out to you. I deleted the thread because you did not give credit where credit was due.

Now in accordance with the rules, this thread is now closed and any future thread related to this will be promptly deleted when i see it. Again, let me reiterate the forum rule

8. Has the thread you started or participated in been moved, closed or deleted? Check with the forum moderator via PM. Under no circumstances start threads asking why other threads were moderated. Forum moderation is not up for public debate, such threads will be deleted and the thread starter warned. MSFN reserves the right to edit, delete or move posts made on this site.