Aegis

Would you use Minlogon?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use Minlogon?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...
Why's it not worth it?

It's to decrease boot time and enable a user to use the SYSTEM account, right? My boot time averages at about 15 seconds, that's fine for me. I'm not picky about milliseconds. The SYSTEM account is probably the most unsecure user account to use in terms of security. I have no use for Minlogon, so that's why.

• 1 month later...

heheh of coarse i use minlogon

it allows me to disable everything winlogon would load @ startup with spybot startup options

oh and , its easiest way to get microwinX working for everyone :D

Edited by gdogg

If it uses less resources and won't cause a lot of problems/make things not work anymore, then sure. I've found a lot of tweaks meant to save resources also cause a lot of problems, like things won't install or run because they depend on some service or whatnot.

• 3 months later...

Seems to me to be more trouble than its worth now that I am reading everybody's opinions and getting a slightly bette idea. See I am all about increasing efficiency and reducing bloat but there is a limit when it cuts into functionality. The desktop settings being saved is an important functionality I think for me.

I've made a selfextracting installer/uninstaller (using WinRAR) that does ALL the nessecary changes automatically (reg, replace winlogon, add ctrl-alt-del functionality, reboot).

For some reason I can't attach it to this post (size?, it is 168 kB), is there anyone who is willing to host the file?

(It is legal because the actual Minlogon-exe is not included, and the included files/tools are freeware.)

• 4 months later...

Minlogon is for XP Embedded - not XP Home or Pro.

MinLogon is particular to Windows XP Embedded as it is geared toward the needs of embedded developers, and so is not available or supported on Windows XP Professional systems.
-MSDN - Minlogon

Topic closed.