www.blkviper.com?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys on this! I went to visit my parents for the holiday and ended up doing an install of XP on their box...not that big of a deal really even though it'd be considered a lowend box today I was able to use nLite to reduce the size of the footprint the OS was taking, however I really REALLY missed having my personal Black Viper archive with me, so the first thing I did when I got back was upload the archive to my personal rapidshare account! Next time I go visit the Black Viper Services Guide will be a mere download away!

http://rapidshare.de/files/18454178/BlackViper.com.rar

This is the entire BlackViper website that I made an archive of shortly before he disappeared. Hopefully there will be others who will find this useful, especially given this archive contains his SP2 configurations and explainations of why he disables certain services.

--iWindoze (hoping that this is indeed useful to people)

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say he either couldnt or did not want to afford to keep the site open or maybe someone bought it, he didnt update it much anyway, however after all this time its still the most useful info for xp services.

what will we do when vista arrives? i bet it will have like a thousand services running

I'd guess that a.) he has a real life, b.) got tired of the increasing cost of bandwidth, and c.) felt he'd contibuted his fair share so far.

Or some combination of the above. BV if you see this - many thanks.

When Vista arrives, finally... I'm sure there will be no lack of those willing to post their version of services and other tweaks which may or may not be necessary. I'm also sure some lists will show up here, and we all will welcome them and debate them.

In the meantime, thank you iWindoze for posting the site. I have a copy or two of the services list, but it is an excerpt and I've made my own personal list since. Having another source for BV's list is very handy, and especially since I'll be on the road for a couple of months soon and will not have a laptop with me.

Edited by DonDamm

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To answer the original

What happened to Blackviper.com?

I had been visiting his site when he first started it and was reading his pages right before he took it offline. Can't remember exactly when as it has been awhile. Other sites were cloning his stuff and posting it like it was their own. I know he emailed several site's and some took it off but other's didn't.

He finally got disgusted with it and took it offline.

I saved some stuff from there cause I've seen these thing's disappear before and his was the best. :thumbup