WMP10 Complete Slipstream

this is how my reg file looks for wmp 10:

Attached File(s)

wmp10.rar ( 24.45k ) Number of downloads: 70

Just a question to boooggy, because i'm at lost and not sure what to do after reading all the previous posts. If i want to copy your registry entries as qouted above, where do i put it? Is it into the HIVEDEF.INF file? If yes, at where particular section do i insert it in the said file?

Thanks in advance.

u can't add wmp10.reg to hivedef.inf... u have to edit the reg file and add the entries u need to the hivedef file. actually this are few things that i add to hivedef:

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences\VideoSettings","EnableDXVA_WMV",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","FirstRun",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","FirstMediaGuideRun",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","CurrentSettingsPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","CurrentDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","DisableMRU",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LastPlaylistIndex",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryLastHScroll",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryHasBeenRun",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryPaneVisible",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryPaneVisibleUserPref",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","StartInMediaGuide",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","StretchToFit",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","ShowAppTitlebarVTen",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPMetadataPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserUserWMPSettingsPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPShowMetadata",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPShowSettings",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup","CurrentItemProgressCount",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup","CurrentItemTotalProgressCount",0x00010003,0

Well guys it installed just fine on virtual PC and windows update was happy too.

I still have not done the nLite (removing unwanted components) yet though on either set of XP creations because I prefer to trouble shoot one thing at a time. With HFSLIP you do that stuff after slipstreaming the HotFixes. With WMP10Sliptreamer3, you guys say to do the nLite step after integrating the Hotfixes and then slipstream WMP10.

So, what do you guys think will happen if I take the one that worked w/ WMPSlipstreamer3 and removed unwanted Win. components using nLite??

I'm sure you guys either tried it out and it didn't turn out right, or you know some reason in the programing that makes this not work.

I'm really interested in your feedback here on this one. I'm learning a whole lot of cool stuff thru these forums and trial and error.

Maybe you, booogy, and RyanVM can collaborate. You guys create quality releases. Thanks.

HFSLIP also works well with Ryan's packs.

If there is a real conflict at this point maybee some of you guys can get with TommyP and FDV and work out a cohesive way of making them work together. As far as I can tell these two ways, HFSLIP & WMP10Slipstreamer3, are the best way of doing things.

Edited by Outatouch

i dont get your question...

i did try the slipstreamer before and after nlite and ryan's pack . as long as u dont remove wmp and wmp6.4 with nlite (this ones are situated in component remova>multimedia in nlite). everything went fine.

if I add the NewWMP files to the i386 dir of my unattended winXp CD (with wmp10 slipstreamed by BtS tool) and i do a fresh install of windows,

then setuperr.log file reports that only and all the NewWMP files are not digitally signed

the problem u have is because in your case u have to add also the .cat files from the hotfixes which contains the files....

here they are in 2 packs

Nice job! now i have no setuperr.log annoying lines (except for WmPlayer.exe)

the next NewWMP rar files would be really perfect if it could enclose also the cat files.

tnx again

i dont get your question...

i did try the slipstreamer before and after nlite and ryan's pack . as long as u dont remove wmp and wmp6.4 with nlite (this ones are situated in component remova>multimedia in nlite). everything went fine.

O I C now. :yes: very cool, glad to hear it. I didn't catch what you meant the first time. Actually thats GREAT NEWS !!!

Thanks so much guys :thumbup

u can't add wmp10.reg to hivedef.inf... u have to edit the reg file and add the entries u need to the hivedef file. actually this are few things that i add to hivedef:

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences\VideoSettings","EnableDXVA_WMV",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","FirstRun",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","FirstMediaGuideRun",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","CurrentSettingsPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","CurrentDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","DisableMRU",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LastPlaylistIndex",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryLastHScroll",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryHasBeenRun",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryPaneVisible",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","LibraryPaneVisibleUserPref",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","StartInMediaGuide",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","StretchToFit",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","ShowAppTitlebarVTen",0x00010003,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPDisplayPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPMetadataPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserUserWMPSettingsPreset",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPShowMetadata",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","UserWMPShowSettings",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup","CurrentItemProgressCount",0x00010003,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup","CurrentItemTotalProgressCount",0x00010003,0

If that is so what is your WMP10.reg file for? I've downloaded it thinking it is part of your WP10 update pack. Is it a fix on something or just a personalized settings on your WMP10? Excuse me for asking too many questions, i'm just a noob on this but very much interested to learn.

That's moot now since he's updated to 1.3.1, so don't worry about that step.

Ok guys, I've been digging thru the thread here to get the steps/directions right and now I'm a bit dazed and confuzed :wacko::blink:

Everytime something gets updated (a good thing) the directions change some. I'm having a hard time piecing it together :blushing:

I think I am understanding the instructions ok it's just that I'm not sure whats valid at this point.

Would you mind giving a final update on the directions please?

Again thank you so much for all your help

PS - I do have some questions on the wording:

1) when it says "add my pack" what do I add it too?

2) when combining the newWMP with RyansAddonsWMP do I combine Boooggy's with Ryan's or combine Ryans with Boooggy's - which "filename".cab do I want to end up with??

@troscat

wmp.reg is the my personalized settings for wmp10. u can use it or not. actually u can create your own.

@Outatouch

depends on what method u use

1. u use the slipstreamer. first step is to copy your xpcd to your hard drive let's say on drive d:\. then u can run the slipstreamer 3. after the slipstreamer finishes add my pack to d:\xpcd\i386.it will ask u if u wanna overwrite the files. u choose yes to all. that is it....

2. u use Ryan's wmp10 addon. u extract using winrar this addon to a empty folder.then u add the files i specified into one of myy previous posts from here. after this u recompress. i used for this picozip cause it can compress .cab.

yes u can add the wmplayer.ex_ to ryan's wmp pack...

actually u can add the whole newWMP pack except audiodev.dl_ cause this file  is already in wmp.cab from ryan's wmp pack.

Hi boooggy!

What about with wpdsp.dl_ because in wmp10.cab from ryan already have one (WPDSp.dll)

Thank

boooggy

sooner or later you're going to have to write a clear tutorial for different methods, keep

that page updated and in your sig or start a new thread..................or something.......

good luck.......

more dogs than Bones B)

@Outatouch

u can add this

@mykz

yes that is right. when i posted i was really tired. thanx. updated the post about ryan's wmp addon modifications .... :blushing:

@bones

u know i was thinking about that....

but i was so f....... tired that i couldn't decide what to do....

so probabilly very soon i will do it after i make my new xp install work the way i want.... :D B)

Edited by boooggy