WMP10 Complete Slipstream

Ok everyone I have finished my new version... I am currently doing some testing (make sure it'll work 100% :) )

The SYSOC problem has been fixed, the gui's been simplified, the parameters have been improved and the need to specify makecab directory removed as well as a temporary directory(automatically created). Also you no longer need to specify what the program should do about svcpack.inf this'll all be detected.

I am also looking into the problem some of you have been haveing with Windows Media Player 10 update being needed...

I haven't been to the forums in a couple of days (I rewrote the program completely)

so I just wanted to keep everyone updated and say I am still busy with the slipstream.

That's about it :D

EDIT: Just corrected some info...

WMP10 does not show up on Windows Update, but when You click "Check for updates" in WMP10 menues it says WMP10 is available for download as an update. (Install will fail cause you have already installed a newer version)

@BoardBabe: Ahh, now I understand.. Thanks for the info :thumbup BoardBabe I am checking it out right now...

Just to confirm this error only occurs with WMP10 slipstream right? or is it with WMP10 normally installed also?

XP SP2 VLK here and my WMP10 originated from Windows Update and I CANNOT recreate this issue...but I have the slipstream on my testbed and it does happen there.

Maybe only with the 3802 download...can anyone confirm 3802 vs WU?

@Everyone: I can't seem to reproduce the error of Windows Media Player telling me the player is out of date :( ,but just to be sure I have to ask :P Did everyone download the version of Windows Media Player 10 that has the additional updates included?

It was released earlier this year if I remember correctly...

Check Out:

Windows Media Player 10

If you downloaded before this date or if you're haveing this problem try redownload and check if the problem persists...

@LaptoniC: I've already uploaded the next version but i'll add the option now and release it with the next version.. Sry :( (you are right about not saving space but I did it out of habbit)

@OrcoXP:Yes that is exactly what I did :P strange that I don't seem to get the error... BUT I will futher investigate :D

@Everyone: New version uploaded...

EDIT: @OrcoXP: What Language do you use?

@Boardbabe: I think this might only be a problem for non-english users but I'll look at it...(eg. download the Norwegian version of WMP10) . Is the new slipstreamer working for you Boardbabe (i.e. Is the sysoc.inf entry correctly updated now?)

allready tested version 3. works fine!!!! thanx!

@gnome

try the update thingy 2 or more times in a row.

i mean after installing windows with wmp10 slipstreamed i check the updates and nothing found. then clicked again on the update button and voila "wmp needs updates". but like i said i think is a problem with wmp10 instalation kit.