XPize uAE 1.0

XPero

XPize is a resources transformation pack for Windows. It replaces most of the non-XP icons, avis and bmps that Microsoft has always overlooked. The installer simply automates the process of replacing resources in critical system files, making your XP's look better. XPize is compatible with Windows XP, 2003 and MCE Editions. The installer also comes with an Updater, which you can use after visiting Windows Update.

XPize uAE 1.0 has been optimized for unattended installations. Main features:

- Build on XPize 3.0 base

- Resources optimized and more files replaced

- No extras

- No uxtheme.dll patch

- No System Restore point creation

- No "i386 Patching" feature

- Lite file size

Silent switch /S Example:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing XPize uAE 1.0
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\XPize\XPize.exe /S

For a package with all features, download XPize 3.0.

Enjoy

XPero

Download @ DevART

Download @ MSFN

XPize_uAE_Changelog.txt

I noticed that the IE icon on the quick launch bar has no transparent background, it's white or light colour. There is also a black aura around the compter icon in system properties also around the computer icon in computer management

I did a manuall install and do not have those problems.

EDIT: I do see the black aura around the "my computer" in computer managment

this black border cannot be fixed. The main Computer managment icon is used also in that place. Since that main icon is 32 bit and the icon with black border has to be 8 bit, there is no way to fix it.

About the IE icon, I dont se that bug. Do you have 32 bit color configuration for your monitor?

I forgot to say: I removed all 8 and 16 bit image formats in icons, only 32 bit (XP) were kept.

XPero

post-13416-1113083630_thumb.jpg

this black border cannot be fixed. The main Computer managment icon is used also in that place. Since that main icon is 32 bit and the icon with black border has to be 8 bit, there is no way to fix it.

About the IE icon, I dont se that bug. Do you have 32 bit color configuration for your monitor?

I forgot to say: I removed all 8 and 16 bit image formats in icons, only 32 bit (XP) were kept.

XPero

I checked again by uninstalling UA 1 and the icon is visible with the satellite ring around it, you can also see it on the all programs/IE shortcut but when i reinstall i get this

Edit: Yes my video settings were at 16 bit....not 32 bit and now the black border has gone from computer management icon

Edited by Ghostrider

@Ghostrider:

Looking at your screenshot, it seems to me that you have 16 bit color config in your monitor, am I right? Thats the problem. I've just kept 32-bit image formats in icons to reduce installer size and RAM consumption.

@Xpero

Many of my files are mod by me such as the Explorer.exe, msgina.dll, shell32.dll - for my favorite logon dialog, customized Start menu etc.

so, last time i was using the patch feature to get the files from installer and then apply them manually

Is there any way to only extracts all files out without install it?

thx looking forward for your reply

@Xpero

Many of my files are mod by me such as the Explorer.exe, msgina.dll, shell32.dll - for my favorite logon dialog, customized Start menu etc.

so, last time i was using the patch feature to get the files from installer and then apply them manually

Is there any way to only extracts all files out without install it?

thx looking forward for your reply

In uAE there is no such possibility. I think I will add this feature to uAE next time. So normal XPize will be just for the general public, without any "advanced" feature.