My system went byebye: Episode 2

LongHorn

Enermax are excellent power supplies. As for the Asus board i dont know ive never read up on that model or used one, someone else might know.

do you have surge protection? if not.. i think you seriously need to invest about $30 and get one. I cant see any reason for your PSU to blow and take your board out like that, it should have blown the house fuse first, in the plug or in the main trip box before it got to the point it could blow your board.

Was it a cheap and nasty PSU or what? have you "redone" any of the wiring in your case at all?

I think it was my floppy drive, I think it burnt out mobo and psu...I have a surge protector, yes.

The PSU was generic, thanks to my moms friend saying it was a good enough one..It had a hardware error everytime my system booted up.

Asus makes a very good Mobo in my humble opinion, you model you speak of has plenty of bells and whistles, Intel chipset, support for 2.2Ghz+, ultra DMA 133/100/66 and plenty of expandibility, an overclockers dreammobo :) . Sorry LongHorn, but this may be due to user interface error

your floppy drive would not burn out your mobo, it couldnt. if the floppy failed then it would short out, possibly taking the psu with it, but i doubt it, the psu internal fuse would blow first. theres no way your floppy is sending enough current down the IDE to blow it. no way on earth.

Sounds like a faulty power supply.You could have a faulty mobo but usually you'd know within 30 days of operating.(good burn in period for electronics).If your so inclined a good thing to do is take the mobo out and check the mount points on the chassis.Check for burnt areas there as well as anywhere the board may have been grounding out.The board may have been cracked when built and finally gave out.You may have some bad spikes coming in from your electrical service,which a good power strip would kick out before a power supply would "blow up".Try a different brand psu first thing I'd do.Let us know what you find.Good luck.

Antec True power PSU's are regarded as the best by alot of overclockers these days try one of theres and check your motherboard is mounted properly on its risers it could be touching the plate and causing problems.

I concur with zipp51. Take out the mobo and also look for a misplaced screw or case shavings. Just last week a friend blew his board when he misplaced a small shirt pocket screwdriver that shorted out the mobo. I have seen a lot of junk do this over the years.

It is an ATX system right. Are you turning the power switch on the back of the tower off before you remove and insert the power cable? You would hear a small electrical popping sound if done wrong.

Like Tris said. No way the floppy drive did this. I would also suspect the power source.