The New Forum Look

Jeremy

i like the new style, i came to the site, went new post and then just saw it was completely different. looks good :thumbup . i just think the text on the main forum index might be a little big.... that page is huge lol

Heres a question for ya.. whats the difference between that normal quote button and the new 'Toggle multiquote addition' button?

It remembers your selections across pages - so if you wanted to quote 3 posts, one from 1st page, one from 30th page, and one from 43rd page, you can do it. Press the Quote+ button for each of those posts, then click Add Reply - all of those posts are present there. But if you accidentally clicked Quote+, then click that button again (which has become Quote-) to undo the multi-quote.

Just be careful while using the multi-quote feature. Because quoting more than necessary is not good.... ;)

You will also see an arrow icon in a quote block - clicking that icon takes you to visit the original post which was quoted. Lot of good stuff around, huh?

Here's an interesting task for you - click the member name to go and see their profile. Then in that screen you can see whether they are online. If they are online, you can see what activity they are doing (reading/searching/replying/posting/PMing/reading which forum index/seeing member profile/etc.). It will even tell you which topic the person is in.... Try that - that is something like spying on what somebody is doing. :lol:

Yeah, I noticed the "On" and "Off" button below the posters names in the forums. That's a nice addition. I didn't really notice any differences up front, but slowly I am. I like it. The only thing I think needs to go is the picture in the header of each quote. That's just my opinion. Great job guys.

what about the lo-fi version for low-band users?, that's definetly a really good improvement. fast reply now looks better and another thing, i really like to see from where is the member :)

maybe is me but... isn't the posts font smaller than before?

I just noticed something new...  When you are viewing a post, you can look at the bottom where it shows who is viewing the post, and it will show you if someone is replying.  That's kewl.

haha yeah.....

Atleast now no more of those disappointments (I hope). It used to frequently happen that I see a topic and reply to it - and when it got posted, notice that just seconds ago someone else has already replied and so my post would be rendered a clone (despite being original :P).

Take a look at how any new attached images get rendered as thumbnails....

Also, the attachment manager is a big jump of functionality. Each person is allotted a limited amount of space - and he has to judiciously manage it (meaning, when space is full, remove old attachments when posting something new).

Also, one more nice thing for those who'd care to use the new features, is the CODEBOX tag which can be used in place of the CODE tag. The benefit is that tables don't get mis-aligned plus it will occupy only a defined area. If there's too much text (either horizontally or vertically) it gets scroll bars in the appropriate direction without actually affecting the whole page. Here's an example:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I would be dearly happy if henceforth winnt.sif and regtweak code chunks were posted like it is above.