New Option for Installing Applications - W.A.I.T.

Version .13 is up at the forums

version .13

-------------

1) FIX - the list of items is being displayed in the inverse order of the CFG file

2) Added Logging. Currently a log will be created (%systemdrive%\\wait.log). In the next version this will be configurable.

Ok, quite hard request -

add ability to switch between single/batch.

What I mean?

Batch - the same way it works now

Single - instead of check boxes there will be only buttons available. After U click button, the command will execute. Using this WAIT will be really universal tool.

For example I got Repair scripts for my technicians and WAIT will be great as centralized dashboard.

Bryan, what do U think?

Bug fixed with v.13. The backround bmp, very nice, just wondering is it's

possible to use a jpg in the future, (2mb bmp vs 20k jpg). Great job, thanks

all is working well........now that I found my problem was corrupt nLite

settings.ini, which of course was my fault...........

thanks

BD

Ok, quite hard request -

add ability to switch between single/batch.

What I mean?

Batch - the same way it works now

Single - instead of check boxes there will be only buttons available. After U click button, the command will execute. Using this WAIT will be really universal tool.

For example I got Repair scripts for my technicians and WAIT will be great as centralized dashboard.

Bryan, what do U think?

Why would you need a new option. Can't you just "check" what you want and click "Install"? Unless you want an option to NOT shutdown the program after your installs (so that you can select another app if needed)? Can you give a "use case" :)

Oh, one more thing, could U please add timeout?

E.g. run installations after x seconds? If user change something, stop timer...

And when there is -1, run without giving user ability to change anything?

For this to work you would need a "DEFAULT" option for each item, correct? This way there is a set of items selected and if the timer runs out then it's installed.

Sound correct?

For this to work you would need a "DEFAULT" option for each item, correct? This way there is a set of items selected and if the timer runs out then it's installed.

Sound correct?

Sound great! :)
Why would you need a new option. Can't you just "check" what you want and click "Install"? Unless you want an option to NOT shutdown the program after your installs (so that you can select another app if needed)? Can you give a "use case"

Ok, I will try:

Example no.1:

Collections:

I would create global menu with lot of utilities etc. Then I will create shortcut in server (e.g. \\server\menu), that will run this menu and technicians will be able to select what they want.

Example no.2:

Frontend:

After installing some program I will create scripts, that will modify the settings and use WAIT as frontend. After clicking on the button the script in behind will modify the setting.

And many more examples - with this ability U could use WAIT as frontend for MANY different applications/scripts etc...

Example no.1:

Collections:

I would create global menu with lot of utilities etc. Then I will create shortcut in server (e.g. \\server\menu), that will run this menu and technicians will be able to select what they want.

Example no.2:

Frontend:

After installing some program I will create scripts, that will modify the settings and use WAIT as frontend. After clicking on the button the script in behind will modify the setting.

And many more examples - with this ability U could use WAIT as frontend for MANY different applications/scripts etc...

So far I am following you, but why wouldn't this work with the current code? You could select what you want from the list and click install. Basically the same as it is now. I am sure I am missing something.

Bryan

Well, first is buttons instead of check boxes (this is also recommended for publishing installations), second not to close wait after programs R installed...

Ok, one more idea, could U please add following things to wait.ini?

CloseAfterFinished=0|1

And what about providing wait.cfg as parameter? E.g. in folder with wait U will have wait1.cfg, wait2.cfg, wait3.cfg and U will run wait like

"\\server\share\wait.exe" wait1.cfg

E.g. when U will send link to someone U will direct him to specific set of programs...