New Option for Installing Applications - W.A.I.T.

There are 2 programs that won't install, well one does but causes the same problem

as the other. That is they trigger the desktop to appear and WAIT to disappear. Of

course that raises havoc with the rest of the programs. This is with RunOnceEx, moving

the apps to different install points ect.

Name=AVG 7.0 Anti Virus

UID=avgav

DESC=Good free Anti Virus

ORDER=570

CMD=%cdrom%\\software\\avg70\\289a392.exe /hide /dont_start_apps /no_welcome /no_avgw_startup /quit_if_installed /log "D:\\installs\\avg\\avg7inst.log"

CAT=Security

Name=Logitech MouseWare

UID=logitech

DESC=Logitech MouseWare Drivers v9.79.025

ORDER=722

CMD=%cdrom%\\software\\logitech\\setup.exe -s -f2"%systemdrive%\\logitech.log"

CAT=Drivers

Any advice would be a great help......

Thanks BD

So if I understand you would like WAIT to run from cmdlines.txt - make all the settings to RunOnceEX and then exit?

YUP

The newest version now has this - There is also now a WAIT_cfg program that can be used to set up the INI file.

See the link in the first post.

Since I am loving this program, and there is no doubt that newcomers will have questions, I decided to put this up.

Very impressive. There are a couple of things that need to be updated / changed. Perhaps you would like to create the WAIT website :) (I have the space)

Unknown www server :(

interesting - I just tested it twice.

BTW Why not sourceforge? I think WAIT si really powerfull program and U could be successful with it...

Don't want to go down the open-source path right now.

Oops, sorry, problem in my proxy cache, now it is working...

I wanted to ask for one thing, I am using WAIT for network installations in smaller companies and I would really appreciate ability to define variables in wait.ini, e.g. InstallServer=\\server\apps\install because of source migrations... Do U think it is possible?

EDIT: I am also missing ability to translate things like Depends etc... I would like to translate the whole program

Oops, sorry, problem in my proxy cache, now it is working...

I wanted to ask for one thing, I am using WAIT for network installations in smaller companies and I would really appreciate ability to define variables in wait.ini, e.g. InstallServer=\\server\apps\install because of source migrations... Do U think it is possible?

Love the idea. I will add.

EDIT: I am also missing ability to translate things like Depends etc... I would like to translate the whole program

Are you asking for information on how depends works?

if so it works as follows:

If App1 has a DEPS=App2 then one of two things must happen

1) If AutoSelect is turned on, then when you click on App1, App2 is automatically selected.

2) If AutoSelect is turned off, then you will not be able to select App1 unless App2 is already selected

While I am at it I will explain Excludes

If App3 has a EXCLUDES=App4 then one of two things must happen

1) If AutoSelect is turned on, then when you click on App3, App4 is automatically unselected. (and visa-versa)

2) If AutoSelect is turned off, then you will not be able to select App3 unless App4 is not selected (and visa-versa)

As you can see EXCLUDES is mutually exclusive.

Hope this helps

Nope, I would like to translate WAIT to czech/slovak language - I can translate buttons (and of course Comments etc.), only things I am not able to translate without using tools such as ResourceHacker is Required for, Excluded etc...

Ah, Now I understand. Interesting idea. If I am correct then you will want

"Name", "Description", "Requires", "Required For", "Excludes", "Forced", and "Requires Reboot". These are the text items in the "Popup" that are hardcoded.

Correct?

Ok, just dl'ed the newest version (0.10) - could you possibly explain the new features better?

if i have all my settings as i want them, and only want to have a single list of installing items (in a single runonceex window) which line do i change, and to what value?

[edit] i figured it out:

WindowPerCat=0
RunOnceExAfterReboot=0
EachItemSeperateLine=1
InstallByCat=1

but these 4 config variables need some better explaining...i only got it by trial and error...

side note - performed my first clean install test, installing all my programs with WAIT (using VMWare), and (besides for 2 stupid typos on my part) everything went perfectly!

This program is amazing!

My next request: Custom background pics!

Latest version updated at the WAIT forums

version .11

-------------

1) ORDER in the CFG file now works. Items are shown and installed in the order of their "ORDER". Items with no ORDER are considered an order of 1000;

2) Added a section the in INI file for having your own variables

[VARIABLES]

%SYSDRIVE%=C:

%TIMEDATE%=TODAY

%TEST1%=Testing

This will get expanded in the CMD lines. You can have as many as you like.