Record Flash from websites

premier69

You mean to say save the flash animations that you see on sites?

Maxthon can do it. On the page that has the animation, just click the flashSave icon on plugin toolbar, and a new page opens up. There you just choose to save instead of open it, and right-click the link and "Save As".

@prathapml: in Opera just open the cache folder and all swf (flash) files will be there for the "catching". If you have Macromedia Flash installed, you can even make an EXE (projector) of each swf. Take note, some flash files are made to run by connecting to specific websites and requesting other flash files to continue the animation. Not all are stand-alone.

some flash files are made to run by connecting to specific websites and requesting other flash files to continue the animation. Not all are stand-alone.
Yeah! I really hate those - never found a way to save them.
in Opera just open the cache folder and all swf (flash) files will be there for the "catching".
But you lose the original file name!

u r in luck! I wanted to do the same thing..save flash files i see on web pages...

There's a software called 'Save Flash 2.5' which can do that ...download it from

Save Flash WebPage

It's a plug-in for Internet explorer, and appears as a small button on the browser toolbar...works really simple..just right-click te flash file on the web page and select 'Save with SaveFlash'. That's it.

Hope this helps and let us know if ur problem is solved :)

look at the picture i posted above, whats wrong with it? Answer: Nothing!

Actually Ill move it down here just so you can see it.

Get Firefox! Go to the webpage with the Flash Movie. you can either right clickon the page or go to Tools>Page Info. On the Media tab it lists all the pictures movies etc on the page.

find the one you want, you can either copy the url by clicking on it or clicking 'save as' to download it.

Firefox is Free, its Opensource, its very secure, and fast.

viewpageinfo4hu.jpg

free: http://www.unhsolutions.net/Flash-Saving-Plugin/index.shtml

Un-elegant solutions:

1.....(when not able to right-click / save as) for that and any other type like say, music that opens as part of a script: does NOT show a url in addressbar: right-click / open in new window... if the url does not still show in addressbar, open history & sort by order visited today, then click the script link-- it should then re-open w/ appropriate url in addressbar: now you can: File/Save As that page(will only contain the file in question) or bookmark the direct link.

2.....open windows\sendto -- right-click open area -- select: New -- shortcut -- type exactly this w/ the quotes: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplore.exe" OR browse to & highlight it -- click Next -- Edit the highlighted name to whatever you wish -- click Finish.

3.....Now you'll be able to right-click/send to/IE, open/run/edit most file types with it-- without having to associate their file types w/ IE instead of whatever app.

You can test Send to IE by saving then sending one of these: http://www.fugly.com/media/download.php?ca...ting=&per_page=

i actually have some experience making movies with flash. To save flash movies loaded within movies, you going to need the name of that swf file.

You would need to either find the swf file using a program like HTTrack or use a SWF Decompiler Program to view the actionscript.

[EDIT] @horsecharles an Easier Method with Firefox.

If you cannot right click either because its disabled (theres an extension for that if you wish) or because the Flash Movie is the entire window, there are 2 easy solutions to get that movie:

1) is to choose Tools>Page Info from the Menu Bar, thats the same as i mentioned with the screenshot except it works when right click doesnt.

2) is use page history, much better in firefox again, especially if you get the "Enhanced History Manager" extension.