grades? uh oh

matrix0978

my rules:  listen in class.

for me, thats the best way.  chemistry: listen, math: listen.  thats how i do it, and it worjks for me.  you have to find out what type of learner you are, and what your mind is made for.

im visual/audible.  anything i see or hear i remember.  but reading... not so good.  my mind is set on math and problem solving.  i have high marks in chemistry, math, and physics.  french and english... not so good.

find how you learn, and use it.

also, unlike me, not leaving things to the last minute might help ;) (if you do that)

For me, I listen in the following classes: Math, English, French, Chemistry, History, Programming...

I copy off of sven for Physics! :P (Partly true, I try to understand it)

I'm still pretty good in all subjects, its just that I've gone down a bit in Chem. because I nearly flunked my exam... :wacko:

Hahaha yeah i listen in classes.....its not easy when you dont have very good teachers but i still listen...

i agree with sven.... i am audible/visual...and also set with number (math etc.) Science easy is easy (my dads a scientist haha) but Yes its the english that kills me... I still usually get High B's in that class but im still not the best.

My school have block periods so one day its periods 1,3,5 the next day is 2,4,6.... so it gives us 2 days to do homework but ive been waiting till the night before but now im starting to no go on the computer as much and doing my homework before the night before its due... so im getting better at that..

possibly the biggest thing is to understand what you did before. in anything with math, if you dont understand something, your f*cked for the rest of the stuff. i learned that the hard way (**** radicals, still torturing me...)

I have the same problem, i'm making my homework 10 minutes before school starts, and i have only 50% for english :( My parents say that i'm spending too mutch time om the computer, but i can't stop. The computer is my life :D I'm 14 now, and i'm already paid for doing jobs on the computer :D

lol reading your post just made me laugh, u proved your english abilities while posting tongue.gif 50% biggrin.gif

good thing u're getting paid though, i've done it for free. **** those years, i'll go back and charge those ppl, anyways from now on i'll help my friends only if they pay me ahah lol, they ask how to get rid of spyware stuff anyways :P

1 thing i've recently discovered bc i recently started listening to the prof is if u're learning a subject like statics, dynamics, maths, physics stuff like that; its a good thing to just listen the teacher and not to keep notes, while u're taking notes u miss all those stuff the teacher says, unless u've tablet pc and speech to text or something its pretty hard to understand the lesson,

alternatively we, in turkey have many fotocopies of geek's that have taken the class b4's class notes, of course on-line pdf's ppt's help as well.

@EliasXP u want any advice? go out more if u're not doing so. but u probably do right? go out and drink beer tongue.gif

do the homeworks, go to class don't skip it unless u've to meet with your gf :P

ow and as zxian mentioned DO sleep at normal hours and DO some sports!, i feel like an old man, i'm 20 if u dunno. i don't like fitness and cannot find (not tried hard) any good sports to do..

teachers are teachers, my parents are both teachers, so i have a knowledge on both sides of the story, there are bad teachers who might be very good at their subjects but they might not have "teaching" abilities, on the other side there are young teachers that have learned what not to do from their experiences from their teachers,(horrible sentence) but don't know much on the subject.

so eitherways u're friends and your books will be your best friend! just go to classes to get an overview of that days subject and interact with ppl,

from my experience: I was in PennState, after attending the classes about 2-3 weeks on my sophomore year i decided that i could do on my own, and decided not to attend the classes, BIG mistake, i had to ask everything, every stupid detail, what'll be on the exam, which is important topic which is not, missed tips from teachers, desocialized myself bc i had not met many ppl from the class and didn't have many classmates to call for help, so i was pretty much f'ed. and then gaming/msfn/girls/etc came into my life and i threw the studying to the waste bin pretty much, so my grades were _______. so attending class is important biggrin.gif point of the story tongue.gif, i've many bad experiences so i can teach from my experiences, if anyone needs help i'm here :P ahah

find a nice gf. send a cutie over for me tongue.gif

anyways i'm back in turkey continuing my studies, i couldn't went into a school in turkey that i dreamed of, bc i wasn't dreaming of any, i miss my pennstate. go lions!,

final note, if computer is your hobby don't put it aside and forget it, simple decrease the time u spend on it, go out more and definitely do some sports bc if u don't u'll feel lazy all the time and won't want to go out and will be stuck in front of the comp, but don't put it aside bc computer is a must in our lives pretty much thesedays

omg i'm stopping, how many charachters is this, i'll take this to my english teacher as a journal entry hahah hated those..

I had the same problems back when I was in School, but truthfully zprog said it best.

So what are your New Grades? Any hint of them going back up where they should be?

Finishing School with good grades is soo important!!!! :thumbup

Good luck and best wish’s. :yes:

its not easy when you dont have very good teachers but i still listen...

I understand. Even in college you will get these Professors. I have had several, one being a scientist for NASA, his people communication skills was awful but he knew what he was talking about.

You just need to stick in there even if it's unbearable to deal with. Get with some classmates and overview on topics. You’re not the only one who feels this way in your class.

funny my grades went up since ive gotten out of grade school. Saame percentages just much lighter grading scale 90-100 a 80-89 b etc. also no more vocab class. but yes you need to study alot more because it is a pain in the a** for kids to get in to the honors classes if thes start in the normal ones. Some of the teachers you get will proubly suck more then the ones you have now like my German 1 teacher. She had kicked 3 people out of the class and dosent take lmake up work if you are sick, calls your parents about talking in class etc.

people alwas ask why othes do well in school it is usaly not how much they study but how much they actyually listen duing the class. my listening classes Bio. world studies, english, german tech survey.

Sleeping classes. Geometry