start.cmd what?

Keep in mind while the unattended guide is a great "guideline" it is not the ONLY way to do it. Get to know how it works and you will figure out the little things you can do here and there. There are very few questions you can ask here that are new and original, especially when it comes to automating the installation of a piece of software. As stated above, do a search, you will find your answer.

Here so you can stop your complaining

If you took the time to read my first post

You Could Of Done This?

Orange Are The Text Title

Green The Location And Action

Red Are Switches To Use With Green

%when% you see things surrounded By These %% that means it a varible

cd1= %systemdrive%\Ua015\mywhatever i install

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Ua015 %A1% Alcohol120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S%CD1%Alcohol\TestAlcohol.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D " %CD1%Ua015\setup.msi /qb/promtrestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Install WMP 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D " %systemdrive%\install\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore" /f

Here so you can stop your complaining

If you took the time to read my first post

You Could Of Done This?

Orange Are The Text Title

Green The Location And Action

Red Are Switches To Use With Green

%when% you see things surrounded By These %% that means it a varible

cd1= %systemdrive%\Ua015\mywhatever i install

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Ua015 %A1% Alcohol120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S%CD1%Alcohol\TestAlcohol.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D " %CD1%Ua015\setup.msi /qb/promtrestart" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Install WMP 10" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D " %systemdrive%\install\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore" /f

I did read your post. But lets say my cd rom drive is Z and my install drive is C and the folder is windows. what i dont get is which file to edit in my $OEM$ folder. Or if im supposed to make a file and what to name it.

There already is a short tutorial on how to add Windows Media Player 10 to your uA CD. You can find it here. The problem is that you've already read it. And you didn't understand it. So you decided to join the forum and post your questions. That's fine. But you really don't seem to be paying attention to the answers you are given. That is definitely NOT fine.

Please keep in mind that the people posting answers to your questions are not posting for their own benefit. Most of us already know the answers, it is for your benefit that we post them. If you don't want to read the answers, for whatever reason, then these people are essentially wasting their time. I think it goes without saying why that would annoy them.

Anyway, back to your guide, and your questions.

The guide is, in many people's opinion, very simple. There are just two steps.

1. Download the WMP 10 redistributable installer from the link provided and put it on your CD
  2. Call the executable from your batch file using the code provided.

As far as I can tell, you don't understand the second part. Also as far as I can tell, I answered all of your questions in my (or others') previous post(s).

What batch file?

And what is [Guirunonce]??

See Alanoll's first post. I believe both questions are also addressed in my post.

I have read (the MSFN uA guide) so many times looking for info on that its not funny

Out of curiosity, did you read this part?

Difficulty: Requires an intermediate experience of Microsoft Windows XP and a basic knowledge of how batch commands function.
No offense, but I'm not sure you qualify.
I put the code in my .sif file?

If so where in that file do i put it?

See my first post.

Why dont people just flat out tell me?

We have. If you don't understand our answers, you need to ask specific questions. Simply saying "I don't understand" does not help either us or you in any way.

But lets say my cd rom drive is Z and my install drive is C and the folder is windows.

Variables make this irrelevant. That's why they are called variables. They vary.

what i dont get is which file to edit in my $OEM$ folder. Or if im supposed to make a file and what to name it.

This has been addressed many times already in this very thread, and referenced even more. No searching required, just reading.

I don't know what to tell you. I have yet to see you ask a question that I haven't already answered in my last post. I spent probably the better part of half an hour, iif not longer, of my time writing that out for you, and it's really starting to feel like you are unwilling to take 5 minutes of your time to read it. I doubt I am the only person who is interpretting your responces this why, and I suspect that is why people are getting annoyed.

Im not here to flame or anything. But you would have to be mentally challenged to not be able to do whats on the main guide. I really honestly mean no offense to you what-so-ever. But with PLENTY of pictures, VERY accurate information, it is absolutly immpossible to not undertand it if you HONESTLY read it. So heres what you need to do. You need to start reading. I understand your still in school and learning, but thats whats wrong...You need to read. Heres what will definetly answer all the questions you keep asking.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/batch_commands.htm - All about Batch files. Teaches you everything that YOU need to know. It also explains GUIRunOnce (Which you consistantly ask about) at the bottom.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/winnt_sif.htm - All about your Winnt.sif - This includes how to make it.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/oemfolders.htm - All about $OEM$ Folder Distribution, how they work, and why they get coppied and how Windows knows what to do with them.

We all went through this. The guide is setup JUST FOR YOU. Its so simple especially with the pictures. Good luck :thumbup However, Cartoonite is correct, this requires quite an ammount of experience with Windows. I think your name goes along with immaturity so it is possible your just not ready.

And for crying out loud for everyone sake please read this:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Thats good but for the majority it seems too hard. I'm sure we have all been in this situation & should be big enough to get up & over it. Besides we all spend too much time on this subject when we should be getting on with our own projects?

You may think its harsh but being ignorant of these requests may be the key?? :huh:

Well the good thing is I am very good with windows and Halo modding/hacking. But at the cmd stuff and batch files thats where I'm stuck.

I'm going to read the WHOLE Darn guide again and post what I learened or need to know later tonight or tomorrow.

~Peace!~

Wait a minute.....

..before I go back to work, does anybody know of any good programs that will automactly do this work for me?

I found a program called Unattended XP in the forums but I seemed to go in circles looking for a download link.

Also, I suggest you look up the definition of "Hacking". Copying downloaded modified files is way on the other side. Like I said, just do what it says and go along with it. If you get to a certain point where you dont understand it, copy and paste that part of the guide and which case I would be glad to help you. All it is a little reading man.

Purely for the comedy factor:

Dictionary.com's definition of Hacking. :P

Sorry, couldn't resist. This thread has gotten a little heavy handed for my tastes. It's nice that we are all so eager to help out a struggling newbie, but having 20 different people all trying to ram their version of the "truth" down his poor throat at once isn't going to do anyone any good.

I agree with S0mE0nesMiNd1. Read the guide again. If there is something specific (as I mentioned earlier) that you do not understand, please post back again asking for clarification. I'm sure that S0mE0nesMiNd1 isn't the only person who would be willing to help you out in that case. (100% sure, even, since he will have to get in line behind me. I was in this thread first, dammit! :P)

As to your question about a program that will automate this process, I doubt it. There really is no standard way to do this, so any program written would have to incorporate so many variables as to really be inefficient. I have never heard of this "Unattended XP" program you asked about, so I'm afraid I can't help you there, either.

For now I think your best bet is the guide. Or maybe wait a few weeks and do some praying that Alanoll gets the new guide finished and published. I understand it will be even more comprehensive than the current one.

Good luck.