start.cmd what?

Ok this is what i"m talking about

found in

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32957

UnattendedXP

Author: maxXPsoft

Unattended XP Pro or Home CD Creator with SP2 /Integrate if needed

This is a very simple application that creates all the necessary file's for you to create your own backup XP CD.

This app saves copies your files and saves locations. It will do everything in STEPS and copy the files as needed. Saving the Paths if you start over. Processing Hotfixes, Applications, and all the necessary steps to create your own backup XP CD with everything set up on install. No more installing, then spending countless hours setting all your programs up. Put the CD in and go take a shower.

I have added many feature's like:

Automatic splitting of RunoncEX, TEXTMODE, Complete Integrate of Hotfixes or security Updates, Rar/7Zip/Cab of Favorites, Docs and Settings, Compression of $1 Folder at 700 mb, simple FLAG entries to copy Registry settings, Files, or Entire Folder's as RunoncEX executes getting your current settings

I couldn't find a download link anywhere then I read that it will be back up in a few days so I looked on google with no results containing that same program.

If anybody has thisprogram on their hard drive and has a way to upload it that would be pretty great because i can finsh up my cd and go around the forum helping people with stuff i know how to do.

Guys I'm begeining to think I'm never going to understand this guide on putting progrmas into my xp cd. So I was wondoring if someone could get me a link to the program or send it to me over an instant messenger like aim or msn.

I going to bed now.

Good night Everyone. :)

There is no program that simply makes one for you. Theres no choice. Its immpossible to move forward without reading. Your looking for something where you just put some clicks and things work out. Its much more sophisticated right now, and is at this time NOT possible. Like I said, its incredibly obvious your still in the early stages of school....Keep going, why do you find reading difficult? I mean not to be rude, but its DEAD obvious that you NEVER read the guide in the first place. Were telling you, this website is the easiest you can get. But you say you do read it. I find that hard to believe...so we ask you to copy / paste something that you read that doesnt make sense, but apparently reading is too much trouble for you. And for that...I dont know what else we can say........Goodluck :rolleyes:

Guys I'm begeining to think I'm never going to understand this guide on putting progrmas into my xp cd.

You're starting to remind me of my brother, and the "discussions" he used to have with my father about learning when we were kids.

He (my brother) was having trouble with spelling in school (either english or french, I don't remember which) and so dad banned him from all forms of recreation until he could correctly spell all 10 or 15 words from that week's assigned spelling list, without ever making a single mistake. He could study as long as he liked, then get tested on all of the words. If he made any mistakes, he would have to study again and then repeat the test. All words tested every time.

On another occasion, it was multiplication tables that my brother had to learn.

Every time, the conversation would follow the same path. Something like this:

Dad: You can go play when you've finished learning (insert subject here)

Bro: All of them?!?

Dad: Yes.

Bro: That's impossible. I'll NEVER get it done!

Dad: Too bad.

Bro (15 minutes later): Okay, done. Can I go play now?

Having said that, you're right. You don't seem to want to learn, and so you never will. I doubt anyone here is willing to invest either the time or the energy to make you learn this. Maybe your parents would be willing, but I suspect most of us have more important things to do.

Good luck with UnattendedXP, I hope it works out for you.

You may also want to consider changing your name. A true hacker would never have given up after so little time. In fact, i suspect most would be mighty annoyed with themselves and their inability to solve the issue on their own. Hackers, in my experience, have no interest whatsoever in other people's quick-fix solutions, other than for the purpose of picking them apart to see how they work.

Here is a link to a a script that will SLIPSTREAM (integrate it into the I386 directory of your Windows XP disc)l

I have NOT used it, but figured it might be useful since Bashrat tries to keep his instructions as simple as double click this BAT file. I've looked over the instructions and they seem simple, like he was creating the program for someone who is 85 and completely computer illiterate!

If you want a simple way for your computer to have WMP10, this is it. You lose some functionality, but from what I've heard its minimal and not very important.

HAHAHAHA YES I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!

I used the setupmgr.exe the setup talks about and it made 2 files my unattend.txt file which I renamed to winnt.sif and unattend.bat

is the bat file my batch file everyone was telling me about? If so where do I put it and what do I rename it?

I feel as if I'm starting to get somewhere! :D

Oh and In my file I see this:

@rem SetupMgrTag

@echo off

rem

rem This is a SAMPLE batch script generated by Setup Manager.

rem If this script is moved from the location where it was generated, it may have to be modified.

rem

set AnswerFile=.\unattend.txt

set SetupFiles=D:\i386

D:\i386\winnt32 /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile%

What parts do I remove from the file?

At last, some specific questions. These I will be more than happy to answer. For future reference, please use code tags when quoting blocks of code.

I used the setupmgr.exe the setup talks about and it made 2 files my unattend.txt file which I renamed to winnt.sif and unattend.bat

is the bat file my batch file everyone was telling me about? If so where do I put it and what do I rename it?

No, sorry. You're still on the wrong track. But at least you are making progress. :D

The batch file created by setupmgr.exe is intended to be used to perform an uA install of Windows over a network rather than from a CD. Since you are making a CD that will be used to install Windows uA, this batch file can be ignored or deleted, as you please.

The batch file we (and the guide) are all talking about is one that you must create yourself. You can call it whatever you like; I believe the guide says somewhere to call it start.cmd, which is what I called mine.

Instructions for placement and such of start.cmd can be found in my first post. If there is something there you don't understand, please ask about it specifically by either quoting my test or, better yet, paraphrasing.

On a side note, I think Bashrat's script linked to a few posts ago may be the solution you are looking for. My advice is to carry on this path so that you will understand what is happening, but if you still want a quick-fix, try the script. Nice find, tjhart85! :D

it goes in the

$OEM$\$1\install

directory.

I'll try and explain this, ok?

What is going on is your WINNT.SIF file references a file, in this case START.CMD

You tell the GUIRUNONCE (in the WINNT.SIF file) what batch file to run. You tell GUIRUNONCE that your file is located @ %systemdrive%\install and that its name is START.CMD. So what you have so far is:

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\START.cmd

and you have a directory on your XPCD that goes like this

ROOT (not called root, just the main part of your drive, eg E:)
--------i386
--------OEM$
-----------$1
--------------install
-----------------START.CMD
-----------------MediaPlayer
----------------------MP10.exe
-----------$$

Now, what these directories mean is this:

$OEM$ - means its an OEM CD, and that XP should automatically copy all files in this directory.

$1 - Hard drive that windows is installing to (C:)

Install - Directory underneath $1

What you wind up with in Windows is this:

C:
---INSTALL
-------START.CMD
-------MediaPlayer
------------MP10SETUP.exe

As you can see, Windows will AUTOMATICALLY copy these files over to your main hard dive (C:)

What the guirunonce section is doing is this:

%systemdrive%\install\START.cmd

%SYSTEMDRIVE% - similar to $1, it just means the hard drive that windows was installed on. In the GUIRUNONCE this is interpreted as C: (or whatever your Windows drive is)

So, GUIRUNONCE is basically doing this:

C:\INSTALL\START.CMD

and in your START.CMD you have something similar to this:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MediaPlayer\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

What this does is call your MP10setup.exe like so:

C:\install\mediaplayer\mp10setup.exe

and after that, runs the keys to make it silent. These I really don't have the time to explain, but if you can get this batch to work, I will happily explain it to you afterwards.

And if you STILL can't get this to work, I suggest you either use the BASHRAT program I told you about before, you re-read the guide, or you begin to realize that an unattended XPCD just may not be for you.

EDIT: And to create a batch (CMD file), all you need to do is open NOTEPAD type everything you want to be in the batch file, and save it as START.CMD

Here ya go, 1 simple batch file. Contrains the following code:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MediaPlayer\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"

Now, I REALLY hope you can get this to work

And if your notepad don't work, you either are lying, or you REALLY REALLY need to format that computer, and QUICKLY!

START.CMD